• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. E

IBM 5151 - Vertical Hold / Size

Thank you very much again modem7! Still have to do the adjustments. Ok, I opened the case and made some photos to make it easier for other people to do so if they want to. :bomb::!: I'm aware it's dangerous and nobody should open the case if they don't know what they're doing, please ask...
  2. E

IBM 5151 - Vertical Hold / Size

When using my IBM Monochrome display in EGA mode (emulated for this monitor type by the ATI EGA Wonder 800+) the screen starts rolling vertical. :crazy: quite fast I have tried to find pictures of the circuit board inside this monitor to see if there are any adjustment screws on there but noone...
  3. E

Flashing / emptying / dumping (e)eproms, Amsterdam area

I have an eprom burner, can help for free if anyone needs something. Receiving / shipping or on location is possible in the Netherlands, but can't do that for free.
  4. E

IBM 5170 - Mysterious Game Adapter

As some people here might know I just got a IBM 5170, it has an Everex memory card which gives me a total of 1024 KB. I used the following configuration to load Commander Keen 4: VGA card (Headland HT208) + Modern TFT Sergey Adlib Clone Western Digital MFM controller LPT Card AMI Bios...
  5. E

Wanted: EGA Wonder, For trade: Headland VGA ISA16

For my IBM 5170 i'm looking for an ATI EGA Wonder so I can run EGA games without losing the nice afterglow of my IBM 5151. I can trade my Headland VGA 16 bit ISA card that I pulled in a working condition from the IBM or another piece of hardware, just let me know. :D
  6. E

IBM 5170 unusual Quadtel bios

That's the board. Bios has probably been replaced because of the Western Digital MFM controller card which would have caused an error message with the orignal bios in place.
  7. E

Ok I removed the IC's and dumped the content. After some bytewise unification I found the following text inside: If anyone knows how to contact the mysterious person behind minuszerodegrees, he or she might be interested in this.
  8. E

Hello from the Netherlands

I really like vintage hardware and have an impressive collection of PDAs. I own several 486, pentium-1 and Commodore 64 machines. Recently I have built the Sergey XT machine and bought an IBM 5170 for classic gaming. Love to share information and experiences here about this great hobby. :thewave:
  9. E

Help needed can't reply

I'm unable to reply to topics. I'm allowed to create a topic but my every post gets blocked for approval by a moderator. With, or without images, with or without links, regular or sticky topics. I created a topic, people replied and I tried responding but I have no way of answering them. :crazy...
  10. E

I just got an IBM 5170 which has it's bios replaced with Quadtel. Does anyone have any information about the use of this bios in an 5170? I have found this brand to be used by several other 286 boards but can't find anything related to the IBM AT. Also would anyone be interested in a dump...
Back