• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

Canon Object.station

Recently came into a longtime want - a Canon object.station 41, with the keyboard. The SCSI card and drives are in the machine, thought the SCSI cable is missing. On power-up, the caps/num/scroll lights flash briefly, and there is power to the disk drives, but there is no POST, no beeps, no...
  2. S

Keyboard for Franklin Ace 2200?

Free Geek Twin Cities recently got a donation of a Franklin Ace 2200, but unfortunately without they keyboard. I thought I would ask here in case anyone might have a spare or know of some other solutions to at least see what the functionality is of this guy. I see some older posts that talk...
  3. S

HP85 Thermal Printer question

I picked up a nice HP85 machine that is functional - except for the tape drive, surprise... My question is about the printer. The belts were good, and the printer prints OK except the top line of the print matrix doesn't print. For example, the capital "T" looks like "I" - that top horizontal...
  4. S

New to me PDP 11/23+

I recently came into an 11/23+ machine. It has a KDJ11-B CPU board, a MSV11-Q memory board, a SCSI board that was driving a SCSI Zip drive for boot media, and two cards that were used to control a laser cutter. First issue is that there is no "bulkhead" to bring out the console connection, so I...
  5. S

Wanted: Apple Daisy Wheel printer print wheel

I have the big Lisa era Apple Daisy Wheel printer, but no actual print wheel to go with it. Does anyone have even just one they would be willing to sell? It can be your least favorite font/font size - just want to find out if the thing works! Unfortunately the wheels are unique to this...
  6. S

Epson QX-10 disk drives

So I now have all the pieces for my QX-10 - system/monitor/keyboard and diskettes. However, when I try and insert a diskette, it stops with about 1/2 inch sticking out, and will go no further. Pushing the button doesn't do anything - it's hard as a rock. The red light does come on, and I can...
  7. S

Wanted: Epson QX-10 Keyboard

I came into an Epson QX-10 machine this weekend but it is missing the keyboard. I knew it was coming so I preemptively bought the keyboard and monitor cables. Now I just need to locate a keyboard (and software, but that seems obtainable from the 'net). The machine does come up to "Insert...
  8. S

Xybernaut MA-IV drivers?

All, I've got a Xybernaut MA-IV with very flakey HD. I've tried to clone it to another drive, but I'm still getting crashes and boot failures. It's not anything exotic - in my case, Windows 3.1 with the necessary Xybernaut drivers for the HUD and/or forearm mounted display, plus PCMCIA, etc...
  9. S

PSU for 6000HD

Is the Meanwell RQ-125D a suitable replacement for the 6000HD? If not, what would be a good replacment? I would also need to figure out the wiring scheme, but I'm guessing that's around here somewhere if I poke around...
  10. S

Mount MFM/RLL on more current machine

I've got a Seagate ST-238 drive on an WD-1002-27x controller that I'd like to mount on a more modern machine to see if I can extract any data. The donor machine/power supply is not functional. The machine I have with ISA slots is a Pentium II that is currently booting off of an IDE DOM (C:\)...
  11. S

Reviving Compaq 8088

I'm trying to do a revival of a Compaq 8088 desktop machine for a friend, who would like to see what (if any) data can be recovered from the hard drive. The power supply on the machine was bad. I sourced a replacement (the one with the single ribbon cable that connects to the logic board) and...
  12. S

Weitek PowerUp stickers?

I've come into a couple of Sparc 2 machines, and both have Weitek PowerUp processors in them. The have case stickers on the front, like this: https://flic.kr/p/2iGfEtU Mine are in the about same condition. Anyone have some spares they would part with, or the skills to make new ones that I...
  13. S

6000HD - No key presses recognized

The Free Geek where I volunteer recently was donated a 6000HD which came with two keyboards. The machine boots up to a Xenix login, but no key presses are are recognized using either keyboard. I would suspect bad foam pads, but I would think that I could at least see some random key presses...
  14. S

Friden Flexowriter 2371

The things your neighbors bring you when they know you're "that computer guy"... Very dirty/grungy/rusty 2371 Flexowriter. I have a lot of homework to do on this guy before I start any physical work and testing. I see from some searches here there's supposed to be a lot of info on Bitsavers...
  15. S

Sharp PC-2500 User Manual?

I'm working through a couple of "portable" computers. One is a Sharp PC-2500. Does anyone have a User's manual for this guy? I can find the service manual all over the internet, but not a user manual. Machine seems to to work OK, though it needs new batteries (and probably caps), but it's a...
  16. S

Sperry/Corona PPC-400 troubleshooting

I have in hand a Sperry labled Corona PPC-400 It has a WDC hard drive controller in it, and a DTK(?) 1.2M floppy drive controller as the only cards. The machine has 512K of RAM in it, based on physical observation of the MB The hard drive doesn't work. When it boots up, there's a banner for...
  17. S

Sperry SP-2/Corona PPC-400 - How to open?

I've got a Sperry SP-2 (a rebadged Corona PPC-400) that I want to open up to assess and clean. Not sure how exactly to open it. Before I start judiciously unscrewing things, anyone know how this guy comes apart? Thanks for any info!
  18. S

What is this guy?

This machine came into Free Geek Twin Cities this week, and I have taken on trying to figure out what exactly it is. I figured it was external disks for the rest of a machine that we sadly didn't get, but the "console" and "modem" ports threw me a bit, as well as the connectors for printers...
  19. S

Voyagers

T-day vacation allowed me to break out the Voyagers and do some tuning up. Both got IDPROM battery replacements with Glitch's boards. Machine on the left got a new 6GB HD via an ADTX SCSI/IDE bridge from an old Powerbook. It has full compliment of 80MB RAM, and a fresh install of OpenBSD 5.9...
  20. S

My Model II - it begins...

I was able to steal an hour or so and check out my new-to-me Model II. Opened the case, found everything I expected to be there - 4 boards in the cage, everything cabled up, no obvious bad caps or components on a visual of the power supply. I pulled each card and gave the chips a quick reset...
Back