• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

Amiga 3000T case only or complete system wanted

Hi there, I have a 3000T board, 3640 CPU card and a 3000 keyboard so I really just need a 3000T tower case to put it all in. I would also be happy to buy a fully populated A3000T as it never hurts to have a spare board. I'm in the UK but would be happy to look at shipping from almost anywhere...
  2. A

060 4000D and 486 Project with some nice photos now its completed :D

Hi all, I have been putting this together over the last few months so thought I would share some pics now its finally complete and not raining so I can get a few daylight pics.... I'm really chuffed with the machine now its done :D I spent a good four months or so hunting for an absolutely...
  3. A

Commodore PET 8032 48hr Super Dooper Restoration and Respray project

So when I popped by to visit a friend John I noticed he had a couple of forlorn looking old pets in the hallway. Transpired a friend at work had asked him to see if they worked and move them on. I felt very sorry for the two old girls and fancied a bit of a project so John kindly gave them a...
  4. A

PET Case Badges / Stickers 8032

Hello all, I'm just working on an 8032 restoration project and its coming together nicely but I'm missing the big sticker which sits across the front of the case. Before I start exploring options for designing and getting a replacement printed in a nice matching matt finish I thought I would...
  5. A

RAM Raid! Little Amiga criminals sneaking around my cave!

I finaly got chance to have a dabble with my macro lens whilst the kids were out this morning :D Started off with a ram raid incident! Thankfully the Commodore Cops were on scene quickly Then I had a visit from the Commodore Leaky Lithium Battery Inspection Team to give the A3000 a check...
  6. A

WTB: Commodore 128D with keyboard

Hi all, Seeking a nice condition C128D, don't mind if its the metal or plastic case but prefer not yellowed and with a keyboard please. UK/Europe to keep the postage sensible. Thanks in advance Mat
  7. A

Amiga Null Modem Multiplayer fun

After stumbling across the null modem cable I 'borrowed' from my schools IT department almost 25 years ago whilst sorting the garage out I thought I would have a go at getting some serial link multi player gaming going.... after my 9 year old daughter beat me at Knights of the Sky and then my...
  8. A

My condensed Commodore Cave :-)

Well, over the Christmas break I managed to get my second Amiga 3000 up and running after tracking the black screen down to a faulty Zorro riser... sadly though the kids revolted when ANOTHER computer arrived in their gaming room trespassing on their gaming space ha-ha so I have had to concede...
  9. A

Are there many.... ANY SX-64 owners here?

I have one... upgraded with JiffyDOS and added a 2gb SD2IEC which is powered through the user port and works fantastic. My absolute favourite 8bit machine... always wanted one ever since I saw one in the window of Dixons as a 12 year old running a copy of Powerdrift :D My little lad tells his...
  10. A

Another PET 8032 given up on life.... any thoughts please?

Hi all, My 8032sk restore has been put to one side now as my stock 8032 has now given up on me :( It boots with the four/five quick chirp sounds, display is bright and clear but just shows a solid block of characters as below. Tried so far: Swapped the 6502/6520 out with chips from my VIC...
  11. A

What have I done?

So the answer to this little mystery was to ensure the files are copied across whilst still archived and then unzipped on the RiscPC so they retain their data types :-) Both the 486DX and 586 cards are now working perfectly, DOS 6.22 and Windows 98se installed and after some Config.sys fiddling...
  12. A

Sonnet Quaddoubler for amiga 4000

So with the four cards and the Quaddoubler it turns out things were getting a little toasty inside the case. The accelerator, CPU, Picasso II and GVP were all running nice and cool but the heat their respective heat sinks and fans were dispersing had nowhere to go. Ventilation on the A4k is...
  13. A

What have I done?

Rather than start a thread I though I would tag my new machine on here if thats ok :-) I feel excited but dirty and confused all at the same time lol.... for the first time in thirty years I have gone and bought a machine without a Commodore logo on it Truth be told I have wanted a Risc PC...
  14. A

Sonnet Quaddoubler for amiga 4000

Hi all, Just thought I would make a short post about this interesting little upgrade as theres very little available online for its use with Amiga's. I have been hunting one for almost two years and then two cropped up in the same week so I grabbed them. The Sonnet Quaddoubler is a small PCB...
  15. A

Amiga 3000 restoration completed

So the keyboard was the only bit which retained a hint of the yellow peril... after three months of hunting a pristine NOS A3000 keyboard landed on my doorstep this morning so she is finally complete and a beige and beautiful as Commodore made her in 1990 :D www.urbecks.com/commodore
  16. A

PET 8032 SK problems... mayday... mayday

Hi all, So I decided I would like to try a restoration project outside of my Amiga/C64/Viv20 comfort zone. I have a PET already which is running quite nicely but then this popped up for sale by a guy literally a street away and the £50 asking price seemed fairly reasonable. Sold as not...
  17. A

Amiga 4000 and Sony Trinitron restoration with a few nice suprises

Just a quick update, I sent the board off to Hikey as the fastmem was a bit hit and miss with detection. Came back yesterday and looks absolutely amazing, all recapped, five new simm slots wit metal clips, cleaned, CR battery install etc... she's now in tip top order, cannot recommend Hikey...
  18. A

I gave the case a good scrub whilst it was off and it now looks like new, immaculate display.... really happy with the result So after two days she’s done.... just going to send the board of for caps and sim slots at some point but for now managed to squeeze her at the end of the table after...
  19. A

I thought I was finished but then spotted the Sony’s screen looked a little... ermm... mottled. I had noticed it when I picked it up but assumed it just needed a clean. A little research revealed it was the anti glare coating which was damaged, probably with dodgy cleaning chemicals by the...
  20. A

After completing my A3000 restoration a few weeks ago I found myself without a project when I stumbled upon a baby poo yellow A4000 on the other bay. Listed as ‘’Commodore Amiga Selection’’ and described as ‘’everything in the picture, selling for dad’’ With no internal photos I bid on the...
Back