• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. m_thompson

Looking for IBM Series/1 4959 I/O Expansion Info

The RICM has 6x Series/1 systems. We have never powered them up, and have only done a limited inventory. I don't think that we have any documentation for them. https://www.ricomputermuseum.org/collections-gallery/equipment/ibm-series1
  2. m_thompson

PiDP-10

One S/N after mine!
  3. m_thompson

PiDP-10

About 3 hours, but I have a lot of practice soldering and used a really hot iron.
  4. m_thompson

PiDP-10

You can download and install the PiDP-10 software package on a Pi without the front panel. That will give you some time to learn about the software before you get a front panel.
  5. m_thompson

PiDP-10

The quality of the PCBs, switches, and molded plastic parts were top notch. I had no trouble with soldering and fitting everything together. Everything actually worked on the first try.
  6. m_thompson

PiDP-10

I recently bought a PiDP-10 from Oscar Vermeulen at: https://obsolescence.wixsite.com/obsolescence/pidp10. He also makes replica PDP-8/I and PDP-11/70 front panels. Oscar plans to make additional KA-10 display panels that will connect to the KA-10 console. The PiDP-10 front panel is a 60%...
  7. m_thompson

California PDP10/KL10 system, not turned on, no disc drives

From what Google finds an HSC70 will work with a KL10, but with a maximum of 24 disks.
  8. m_thompson

California PDP10/KL10 system, not turned on, no disc drives

A KL10-RA has Cluster-Interconnect. The Cluster controller and disks might have been reused with a VAX.
  9. m_thompson

PDP11/83 in London storage

Hopefully the disk still works...
  10. m_thompson

About re-producing PDP-11/70

The KT11-B MMU lets the PDP-11/20 run UNIX.
  11. m_thompson

PDP-8/m Powered OCR Scanner

The RICM received a large box of DEC and ECRM software with the scanner. I should make an inventory of the software that we have.
  12. m_thompson

Identify minicomputer from sketch?

I remember a project I worked on in the 1980s for Florida Power where a VAX communicated with power meters over the power lines. The interface in the VAX was fiber and the transceiver was on the high voltage side. They could read something like 100,000 power meters per day. Saved a lot of time...
  13. m_thompson

Identify minicomputer from sketch?

In the front row: DEC LXY printer on the far left, next DEC LetterWriter 100 terminal, two DEC VT100 terminals In the back row, two DEC RK07 27 MB disk drives, DEC 11/750 VAX computer, DEC TU10 Magnetic Tape Drive.
  14. m_thompson

What did I do to my PDP-8 today.

Is that a GE Terminet terminal in the background?
  15. m_thompson

Anybody have info on a Transitional Technologies Qbus SCSI card?

I don't see any strings related to partitioning a disk drive to emulate one or more DEC drives. I have a CDU-720 that asks lots of questions about partitioning a large SCSI disk into several standard DEC MSCP disk drives. Maybe this is a TMSCP only controller?
  16. m_thompson

Anybody have info on a Transitional Technologies Qbus SCSI card?

Maybe dump the ROMs and look for text strings?
  17. m_thompson

PDP-9 at the RICM

It boots ADSS again! We had problems loading diagnostics from paper tape. The paper tape format is 6 bits per stripe that are assembled into an 18-bit word by the paper tape controller and then transferred to core. Most times we would see the low-order 6 bits from one word would be in the...
  18. m_thompson

My research about graphics of the Pro

Check if there is a static spring on the drive spindle. When they wear they make squealing noises. Repositioning the brush will usually fix it.
  19. m_thompson

DEC Donation to the RICM

One of the empty PDP-11 chassis turned out to be a 11/35 chassis and we got the front panel with it. No boards or power supply though. The big chassis on the left looked like a PDP-11/40. It is actually a BA11-FD generic Unibus expansion chassis. It was probably used to expand an 11/40 or 11/70...
Back