• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

Pentium Overdrive 83mhz Questions

Hi all! I have recently bought a Pentium Overdrive off Ebay... an 83mhz original for socket 2/3. Having wanted one for a long time I couldn't pass this up. To be honest I've always been interested in the Overdrive 63/83 pentiums, due partly to the features found within the chip. But anyway...
  2. A

Need help finding info on 486 motherboard

Been a little while since I last posted but some developments have been made... Firstly, the 8gb limit was down to the PCI ATA card, not DOS as the drive only is able too see up 8.4gb, despite what anandtech says. Also, the 486 now runs windows 95 and also has 32mb ram in the first bank. All...
  3. A

Update: Since my last post I have bought a Promise ultra 33 PCI HDD controller and a 20gb HDD for the system... Both of which have now arrived.:cool: For now, mainly due to only having 2mb ram, it's running ms dos 6.22. But I have ordered another 4mb, FPM of course, to allow windows 95 to at...
  4. A

Just noticed this...
  5. A

The 'new' RAM arrived today... and it worked! The system posted straight away and I was able to enter the BIOS.:)
  6. A

Thanks for the quick replies... Unfortunately not... Here are some more pictures.
  7. A

Cool, I'll check that out later, as for the full motherboard here it is:
  8. A

Hi, I have recently have just received this 486 motherboard, It's a socket 3 board, with PCI (5V) and a cr2032 battery. but other than that I have no other knowledge about this particular board. Any info, especially jumper settings would be appreciated.;)
  9. A

Problem with 3.5 inch Floppy Drive

I am in the process of restoring a 486-era laptop. However, the floppy drive is refusing to read disks, producing the error message 'DISKETTE READ ERROR' when I try to get the drive to read diskettes. The spindle motor works fine and the stepper motor SEEMS to be working, so what could be the...
  10. A

Leo Designote Notebook (1994/5)

Its been a long time and due to work I have had to put the project on hold. But now I am able to continue again:cool:!!! However, when taking it apart I noticed that the battery (NiCad 3.6V) had started spewing acidic juice over the MB :(. I snapped of the old battery to find the damaged was...
  11. A

Leo Designote Notebook (1994/5)

My first vintage pc project... It is a notebook from the days of the 486, released in the mid nineties to offer a cheaper alternative to other laptops at the time. It was also sold as the Everex Designote in the US and ASIA. Due to it having been in storage for soo long, many of the original...
Back