• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. G

XT/370 Questions

Bear with me, I got started working on 386's and 486's, and anything prior is somewhat foreign.... Long story short, I purchased an XT 5160 a few years back that booted with a 201 error, Press F1 to Resume, then Parity Check 2, at which point it would hang. I noticed some weird expansion cards...
  2. G

Auxiliary Power Connector on 486 Motherboard

A couple of years ago I picked up this late-era 486 motherboard at a Goodwill and am finally getting around to testing it. It has an AT auxiliary power connector. Now, I've never seen one of these on an AT board before, and I certainly don't have a PSU that has the "additional" power plug...
  3. G

Tandy 1000 TL/2 with Issues

Hello all, I have a Tandy 1000 TL/2 that is virtually pristine on the inside, but unfortunately I cannot get it to work. I don't have a Tandy monitor, so I plugged it up to my IBM 5153 and get the the messed up display like you can see in the attachment. I can faintly make out "Memory Error...
  4. G

ST-412 Hard Drive Issues

Hello everyone, I recently acquired a nice condition 5160 off of Craigslist, and I'm determined to at least find out if its old hard drive is salvageable at all. This was an interesting machine....it badge and model number indicate it is just a stock 5160, but it had all three of the xt/370...
Back