• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. J

Online manual for GRAFIX now updated to v2.70

I have been in contact with the webmaster for RGB Classic Games, who also hosts copies of GRAFIX for downloading. He has been nice enough to publish an online version of the manual for GRAFIX. He has updated it to the current version 2.70. You can access the manual at the following URL...
  2. J

GRAFIX now posted to Github

GRAFIX is a graphics & sound TSR API for the Tandy 1000/PCjr. I wrote the initial version all the way back in 1988. The latest version 2.7 adds support for the IBM PCjr. The Github repository is located at the following URL: https://github.com/jasa1063/GRAFIX Enjoy!
  3. J

Source for purchasing a MC68851 PMMU for a Macintosh II

I did some checking and was able to find a reliable source for purchasing one of these. I did find one other source but it was double the cost. Here is the weblink for a company in the Netherlands. Origineel Motorola XC68851RC16 MC68851 – Van Dijken Elektronica You cannot purchase directly...
  4. J

A modern working Tandy SmartWatch replacement for Tandy 1000 SL/2

A big problem I have had was finding a modern Tandy SmartWatch replacement for my Tandy 1000 SL/2. The Tandy 1000 SmartWatch+ from Cybernetic Systems on Tindie is too long because of the way the ROM socket is right up against the drive bays. I had been using a small ISA RTC that I bought a few...
  5. J

Midwest WTB - Motorola 68851 Paged Memory Management Unit

I just acquired a Macintosh II. I am looking for a MC68851 PMMU to get 32-bit mode and virtual memory capability. If anyone has one for sale please send me a PM. Thanks!
  6. J

Tandy 2000 RGBtoHDMI profile

I was just wondering if there is a RGBtoHDMI profile for the Tandy 2000 640x400 color mode instead of using a CM-1 monitor? It would be nice to take the monitor out from time to time, but I would rather put less hours on it and use the RGBtoHDMI instead.
  7. J

Trying out the new UMB option in the XTIDE BIOS r625

I decided to give this a try to see how well it works. After a little trial and error I can say this is a really cool option if you have writable memory between 640K-1MB. I tried it out in my NuXT v2.0 motherboard which has UMBs enabled for C800-DFFF. I specified C800 as the start address in the...
  8. J

8087 is no longer working in NuXT v2.0 motherboard

I bought a NuXT v2.0 motherboard back in April 2020. It has worked with no issues since I have gotten it. All of the sudden the 8087 math coprocessor is not working. It is as if it is not even plugged into the socket. Now I now the 8087 itself is Ok, since I have tried it in another computer and...
  9. J

My Juko Nest N3 NEC V30 10MHz gets a new case & a nice speed boost - Can I finally best Anonymous Coward's "V'ger XT"?

I posted back in March of this year about my Juko Nest N3 NEC V30 10MHz build that I acquired. The link below is to my post on Vogons: Re: Juko Nest N3 XT system w/NEC V30 Acquisition/Build Here is my original post here for this build...
  10. J

Looking for a floppy drive cable with an edge connector that is not keyed

I am looking for floppy drive cable with an edge connector that is not keyed to go with the pictured adapter. Does anyone know where one could be sourced from?
  11. J

ComputerLand BC88 computer from 1986

I recently picked up this computer at the local FreeGeek Twin Cities for only $120. You don't see these too often. It was ComputerLand's first house brand computer released in 1986. It was manufactured by Sambo Computer in Korea where it was sold as the TrimGem 88. What made this computer...
  12. J

Great information about the TriGem-88/ComputerLand BC88 computer

I recently got a ComputerLand BC88 computer and was looking for some documentation, especially the dip switch settings for the CPU Card. I found this blog post and hit the jackpot. https://m.blog.naver.com/bjpower/221689180546 Just run it through Google Translate and you will have a wealth of...
  13. J

SimCheck INN-8448 power adapter

I am looking for a power adapter for a SimCheck INN-8448 ram tester. I believe it takes a E87297 Plug-In Class 2 Transformer. Does anyone know a specific source for getting this? I have seen different variations online I am not sure which one to purchase.
  14. J

Midwest WTB: Tandy VM-1 monochrome monitor

Looking for one of these for my Tandy 2000.
  15. J

Recommendations for modern replacement for Tandy 1100FD power adapter

Any suggentions on a modern replacement for a Tandy 1100FD power adapter 25-3530 9.5v 2.1a?
  16. J

Juko ST OEM motherboard @12MHz and 8087-1 @12MHz - Has anyone else had success?

I just posted on this computer from Bulgaria here: https://forum.vcfed.org/index.php?threads/pravetz-16es-from-bulgaria-i-wanted-it-original-but-it-turned-out-better-with-upgrades.1244097/ I have a 8087-1 successfully running on this motherboard with heat sinks attached to it. My question is...
  17. J

Pravetz-16ES from Bulgaria - I wanted it original, but it turned out better with upgrades

I got a Pravetz-16ES computer from Bulgaria that ended having both ST-225 hard drives damaged in shipping. Here is the original post of that computer: https://forum.vcfed.org/index.php?threads/pravetz-16es-80186-8-ibm-pc-compatible-computer-from-bulgaria.1243735/ I wanted to keep the computer...
  18. J

Tandy 1000A two front case screws replacement

Does anyone know the size of the two front cases screws on the Tandy 1000A? I need to get two replacements screws for the case.
  19. J

Pravetz-16ES 80186-8 IBM PC Compatible computer from Bulgaria

I am in the process of acquiring this computer from a seller in Bulgaria. I have only read about Pravetz computers, but what I found so interesting about this one is that is IBM PC compatible with a 80186-8 CPU. The computer is listed as in perfect working condition. I am very anxious to get it...
  20. J

SPEGA EGA video card help

I just picked up this EGA video card. I have been unable to find any documentation for it. It has SPEGA-00 Rev 1.2 silk screened along the bottom. I think it may be a Sigma Designs card. Any help would be appreciated, specifically the 4 dip switch settings for this card. Thanks!
Back