• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Zare

Info on Advantech PCA-61445 SBC

Pictures of the item here : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000007543419.html I got it pretty cheap off eBay. I'm wondering what's the graphics chip on this, and how to power it. There's a white connector in the top left that's a candidate, or maybe unfortunate solution of powering it via ISA...
  2. Zare

Buffing up my old main i7, thoughts and advice

Hello everyone, I decided its time to lay off retro a bit and invest into my main PC. For various reasons I'm open to talking about, but really not necessary to explain them now, I won't be going for a new PC but have ordered a Xeon to replace the i7. Board : MSI X99S MPOWER (MS-7885) BIOS ...
  3. Zare

Opinion on BTC ES1688F/ES968F Audiodrive

I have this card lying around, here's a picture of it (from another owner on vogons) https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?t=59416 I usually run the DOS stuff with AWE64 Value. I understand it has different synthesis than earlier SBs and compatibles. I would replace it with this, and hook a...
  4. Zare

Make your own retro case

You have an industrial grade 3D printer and sheet metal producing devices in your basement. You're also a VIP customer of every ebay retro seller. Also a plenty of free time on your hands to realize your ideal PC retrocomputer. It can be anything, but let's concentrate on imaginative fictitious...
  5. Zare

Performa 450 new user

Hey, I couldn't pass the opportunity to get this wonderful pizzabox machine. The previous owner says it's working. I don't have any Mac experience before PPC, completely going into uncharted territory here. Power is ok, fan starts, HDD spins up, no further activity, no sound out of the buzzer...
  6. Zare

Please help me visually ID this board

Unfortunately no underside pictures.
  7. Zare

Recovering data from MFM drive if paired controller is dead

Is this possible? National Computer NDC5127 controller and a Seagate drive. The controller is hard to come by. Don't need to run this drive in a PC, just extract data off it, any kind of hardware dumping tools apply too.
  8. Zare

Hackintosh on old Intel Core 2 system for audio stuff

It's an Intel DQ35JO board with nVidia GT9500 (I think) and maudio delta 2496 PCI sound card, SSD storage. So I thought about giving it some new life, should be quite good as a recording/MIDI rig, as I've used this comp as a DAW back then. Aside from installing all that I already had used...
  9. Zare

Paradise PVC2 questions on Olivetti M19

Hello, Usually documentation refers to graphics in this PC as Plantronics ColorPlus, but on the mainboard there's a PVC2 chip. System works in MDA, CGA and Plantronics modes. PVC2 also supports Hercules but as far as I remember it doesn't work. What I'd like to know is whether PVC2 features...
  10. Zare

3C905TX PCI and Compex FreedomLINE16 ISA under DOS

Hello, For Compex NIC I cannot find drivers anywhere. The only location is network-drivers dot com which seems to be fake, e.g. downloads their "driver update software installer" only. I'm not sure whether this is legit and their software will pull down the driver but I'll try that as a last...
  11. Zare

Seeking information on Olivetti CDU1448 / DSM 50-148 monitor

Hello, Information is sparse on google, unable to find datasheets/promo pages or something alike. At the moment I do not need a repair manual or schematic tho it would be good to have it. Just want to know basic information on what modes it can handle, and can it handle 15kHz signal. Thanks in...
  12. Zare

Any info on Olivetti M250?

I have one incoming from ebay. Its in non-working condition, no signal on the screen, I will assess the state once it gets here. However online resources are sparse to say the least. There is this brochure https://archive.org/details/olivettim250 , and basic mainboard layout diagram on several...
Back