• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. J

Looking for 8bit audio DAC for PET like HUH Electronics Petunia

Hi, I'm looking for an 8bit audio DAC for the PET to play music such as any of the ones pictured in the following web page (scroll down to Composite Video and/or Audio Boards http://www.6502.org/users/sjgray/computer/petgraphics/index.html I thought I'd search for an existing board before having...
  2. J

My PET 2001-8 Revival Project

Resumed revival and got to my goals. Resumed revival and got to my goals. After 2.5 years in storage I finally took out my PET to finish the revival project. It's now working quite well. I surpassed my goal of playing the Basic 2 nice Space Invaders with sound. With the RAM/ROM board I...
  3. J

Installed Reset switch, Ran ROM Diagnostic with connectors, then no boot again. Installed Reset switch, Ran ROM Diagnostic with connectors, then no boot again. Hi, So I created a reset button by soldering wires to a simple red push button across the capacitor (C7) between pins 1 and 2 of the...
  4. J

It's working! It's working! Well, excellent news. I replaced 4 capacitors on the video board and resoldered the brightness pot which had broken free of its solder joints from use over the years and the monitor and brightness pot are working great now! This computer is pretty much fully...
  5. J

PET CRT problem PET CRT problem Here's some pictures and a video: The CRT was working ok, just a little blurry before this catastrophic change. Keep in mind I did all my MB troubleshooting with D'Asaro's PET video adapter to an LCD monitor which displayed fine up until I switched over...
  6. J

captured waveforms (continued) captured waveforms (continued) Here is the IRQA from the 6520 chip (PIA #1) I was concerned that I saw a right to left (time) wobble in the downward transition which *may* get worse as the machine is heating up. I'll have to do some more monitoring to see that...
  7. J

Captured waveforms Captured waveforms Hi, I've captured some waveforms trying to debug the board. 6502_00_in is the clock in at 1Mhz. 6502_01_out/6502_02_out are the two clock outs. These are sawtooth in appearance. Is that correct? I've already swapped the 6502 from my Apple II+ one...
  8. J

Hi, I started by replying another thread and decided I better start a new one rather than hijacking that one! My first posts start here: http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?47472-New-Project-Commodore-Pet-2001#4 First I'd like to thank all those who have contributed to this...
Back