• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. I

XGA to SXGA+ LCD swap on IBM Thinkpad G40 (possible issue)

During my upgrading of my IBM Thinkpad G40 (during installation of WiFi antennas, ram upgrading and whatnot) I had installed the SXGA+ display and during the power up, the LCD displayed no text, logos or anything, just a lit up screen (black but with light). I cycled power a few times, not sure...
  2. I

Quantum 210S setup help.

I had just picked up a Unisys 386DX system up for about $10 from a local thrift shop. I tried to configure the Quantum 210S SCSI Hard drive in the CMOS, and instead is attempting to proclaim that the hard drive's controller has failed. I doubt there is a problem with the controller on the drive...
  3. I

Sony Handycam CCD TRV-87 glitching

This started happening about a month after I purchased this camcorder from my local thrift store. The camcorder itself was in pristine shape and had no issues until the melody sound effects started going off at random intervals and would interrupt my recordings. In addition, the camera would...
  4. I

Sharp Slim-Cam VL-L50U No Power issue

I bought a Slimcam after I saw Vwestlife's video, and the one I purchased was a 1991 VL-L50U, and it came with the charger, battery and the camcorder itself. I found a cord for the live power and the camcorder does not turn on. I couldn't find a manual on this specific model online, and I...
  5. I

need help with IBM Thinkpad 365XD keyboard and CD-ROM drive

In the last few days, I have acquired an IBM 365XD that was damaged during shipping; I managed to repair most of the damage, however, the CD-ROM drive makes crunching noises and fails to read a CD, and all keys on the right side of the keyboard fail to register, including the mouse buttons...
  6. I

Windows 2000 BAD_POOL_CALLER on IBM 390X Thinkpad

Hello once again VCFed! I have recently been running into the BAD_POOL_CALLER BSOD on my IBM thinkpad 390x, and this problem happens whenever I attempt to use opera. I DID install a hotfix that was supposed to fix the error but the BSOD still occurs. I have installed Steam and Counter-Strike...
  7. I

Help with IBM Thinkpad 600 video

Hello VCF, I got another thread for you. Yesterday, I picked up an IBM Thinkpad 600 (not e, not x) Pentium 2 laptop at a thrift store and I reformatted the system under windows 98, and here is where the problems start. The main issue is the video resolution, as it is stuck at 640 x 480, despite...
  8. I

1985 Sharp "My Video" VC-363 help

So I ended up finding the above mentioned portable VCR at a thrift store,and it was the same portable VCR that vwestlife featured in his video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_V7KYEHvaM And like his VCR, it will not play tapes, instead the VCR unwinds them when played. FF and RW do not...
  9. I

1989 Emerson TV AM/FM 5.5" portable color TV external video help.

Hello all on the VCF! I've had this portable color TV for quite some time and have been curious as to how I can get video through the EXT. Antenna port on the back of the unit, as I have seen some people on youtube with this TV using external video. Now, if it is even possible, how can I go...
  10. I

5.25 floppy drive trouble on Dell 4400

Hello again, VCF! Now the Dell 4400 might not be classified as vintage yet, but I need some help configuring a 2 floppy system, 1 drive being the 1.2 megabyte Epson sd600 5.25 floppy drive (jumper on DS 2), and the standard floppy drive (DS 1 by default?). I used a universal 5.25 card edge...
  11. I

Epson SD-600 not formatting a diskette

I did move the jumper for drive select at drive select 0 and 2 and for some reason, the B and A drives both operate at the same time. Here are some photographs of the current jumper configuration.
  12. I

Epson SD-600 not formatting a diskette

Hello all again, I'm that lad that made a post of a dead MFM drive on my IBM XT, Now I have another issue with the computer, the EPSON SD-600 doesn't want to format any floppy disk that I have. When I use the A drive diskette to start a format routine on drive B (the SD-600) it tries to format...
  13. I

Ebay bought 5160 HDD issues

Hello all on the VCF, I recently purchased an IBM 5160 with the Model F keyboard, 1/2 height 5.25" floppy (that doesn't appear to spin up), 3.5" DSDD floppy and a full height HDD, but appears to be a generic hard drive with the IBM cover plate. I managed to get a monitor and tried the system...
Back