• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. J

Stubborn kaypro II refuse to work

Hi everybody. I'm trying to fix a Kaypro II with no success until now. Motherboard 81-110B1 Character ROM 81-146 Monitor ROM 81-149c In the very beginning, the Kaypro boot but in the message in the screen there were different letters changed. I posted before in this forum. Trying to fix it...
  2. J

Okidata gm 3305hu 5 1/4 disk drive problem

Hi dear friends, I have a Kaypro 2X with two DS DD disk drives, model Okidata gm 3305hu. The kaypro works but don't boot. Trying to fix it, I removed the disk drives to test it in a DOS environment. Finally I've managed to get one of those drives working, but not the other. The configuration...
  3. J

64 Orange screen

Hi folks, I'm afraid that the orange is one of the flavors of the "black screen" am I right?? I passed the dead test and even the screen is flickering in some places it works. The system stop when arrives to color ram. It says the chips 10,21 and 22 are wrong. I've changed no improve, next I...
  4. J

Power supply failure in a Panasonic senior partner

Hi folks, Anyone have any idea of the values of this capacitor??? It's the first time that I see one of this. Thank you
  5. J

Weird characters in kaypro II boot

Hi, I have some when I boot my kaypro II. As you can see in the picture, there are odd characters in the boot screen. I can't boot the kaypro by the way. I've double checked the character rom 81-146 and the monitor rom 81-149c with the ones from Internet sources and there are identical. Do you...
  6. J

Kaypro 2X boot problem Oki drives

Hi folks, I have an issue with a computer that I'm revising. It's a Kaypro 2X, with a ROM version 81-478A and motherboard ASSY 81-581. It comes with two DSDD floppys OKI GM3305 HU. I couldn't find anything about these disk drives in the Internet, by the way. After change a exploded RIFA...
  7. J

Olivetti M15 keyboard faulty

Hi folks, I'm fiddling about an Olivetti M15 machine. At the beginning I've had troubles with the matsushita ju363 unit (has two) but now it works and start up the computer. The remaining problem is that the keyboard doesn't work. At the beginning I though that not work at all, but after a bunch...
  8. J

16 bit ide controller in a 8 bit slot

Hello everyone, I was reading this days about make it work the ide controller part of a multi io 16 bits card in an XT (8 Bits slot) . I saw in several places that this is not possible at all. Other says that no with a hard disk, but perhaps with xtide and a compact flash. I saw even a couple...
  9. J

Have you ever seen a memory card like this??

Hi, I remove this card from an IBM XT. It seems to be a REINSA but I didn't find something like this. Have you ever seen one?? Thank you!! By the way if anyone is interested, tell me
  10. J

Bondwell 38 setup program

Hi folks, I need the setup program to configure a Bondwell 38 after a battery replacement. Have you ever seen something like this?? Thank you in advance!!
  11. J

System parity error tandon PC/XT

Hi dear friends, I have a problem with a oki OM-2 motherboard in a 8088-2 PC by tandon. At startup there is an "System parity error" in the memory count. At the beginning, was just sometimes at startup, but now is just when count 16 o sometimes 48 Kb, not in the same place. This pc was the...
  12. J

Faulty ibm 5,25 floppy disk adapter

Hi everybody. I was gathering information about my IBM PC/XT collection and I realized that 2 of my four IBM 5,25 floppy disk adapter are faulty. I test it with different motherboards, floppy disk drives and there's no doubt. Both controllers are bad. There are the second version found in - 0...
  13. J

SORD M23EX

Hi people, I've just recently bought a SORD M23EX, just the cpu, not monitor or keyboard, and no software at all. It seems that is a m23 MK41 in a M68 case with a twin 5,25 floppy drive DSHD. Do you know anything about this computer?? I've been searching for software or video interface but no...
  14. J

Have you ever heard a bios beep like this??

Hello I was trying to get in working order an old notebook called REIN 300 Slc, with a beautiful orange plasma screen. It works, but nothing in the screen. I disassembled it and with just the motherboard and the screen works. We were do happy so I builded again, but when I tried to power on...
  15. J

V30 motherboard not working

Hi everybody. I've recently bought a V30 pc, mounting in Spain by a company called INVES. The model is X30 plus. I can't put in a working condition, when I turn it on, a long beep follow by two short beeps tell me that the bios is working. I don't have any information about the motherboard, so...
  16. J

Macintosh 512 flup or whurp or chirp noise after overvoltage

Hi guys, I need your help My problem right now it's a "whup-whup" or "flup-flup" noise when the mac is turning on. I'm going to tell you the story I bought a macintosh 512k with a dove MaSnap (scsi and memory) expansion card. I'm an european 220 V user and the Mac Power Supply is 110 V. I use...
  17. J

Problem with the analog board in a Mac512ke

Hi, I'm a vintage macs loving and I'm very proud of fix a lot of 8 different classic macs (reading the great books of Larry Pina!!!). I have skills in soldering and I'm learning about electronics by practice. Until now, I have a high degree of success!! until now. I'm the owner of a 512Ke that...
  18. J

New kaypro 2x boot problem

I've recently bought a beautiful kaypro 2x, ROM version 81-478A. It boot up and I can see a clear message in the screen while drive A light it's on: Kaypro corporation Version 2.01 I don't have boot disks, but I try to build one from Internet images. First try with cpm version 2.2g , but later...
  19. J

5155 drive problem

Hi, today I try to test my 5155 disk drives, so I started pc-dos from the drive a ( it has two drives). The computer starts ok, so I try to test drive b, but not response from a valid diskette. After that, I try to format a diskette in drive b, but suddenly, drive a stop to work. I try to boot...
  20. J

IBM 5155 resurrection

Hi all, after a succesful raid removing tantalum caps, I have a beautiful 5155 working, but I'm afraid that the psu is dead. I use an AT psu and it'seems ok, but I prefer to fix the original psu. I'm not an expert in electronics, just try to read and learn.. so I want to ask you a couple of...
Back