• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

Tandy 1000 SL

Maybe. I couldn't find anything like it in the setup of my TL/3 though.
  2. A

Tandy 1000 SL

This is where I got them. 2 of three are bootable so far, but both have the weird video issue. I am using them with an rgb2hdmi, but it works normally with my other 1000, 1000 SX and 1000 TX. I may drag over one of my CRTs just to make sure it isn't some sort of odd compatibility issue...
  3. A

Tandy 1000 SL

One of the machines had a dlink ne2000 clone in it, which has been removed, the network boot options are built in, and access via setupsl /a. I have two of these machines, both also appear to have some issue with the color output, as if one of the rgb signals is missing or switched off.
  4. A

Tandy 1000 SL

I recently acquired 2 1000 SL machines that appear to have been used as network terminals. Currently only one of them is bootable. There appears to be netboot support baked into the bios and when I run setupsl /a I get a network boot option screen. What I am wondering is if this is normal...
  5. A

Tandy 1000 model 25-1002

I think it will work with any normal pc 360k or 720k drive, you may have to change the drive id on the drive though as the Tandy uses drive id and not a cable with a twist in it.
  6. A

Tandy 1000 model 25-1002

I had the same issue, turned out to just be bad solder joints on the psu.
  7. A

I have the original rom, and recently acquired a slightly older 1000 also with 1.00.00 but...

I have the original rom, and recently acquired a slightly older 1000 also with 1.00.00 but spread over 2 chips. I'll try to get it dumped for you.
  8. A

Overboard

There are usually several TL/2s on ebay, and they don't seem to be too crazy. I have seen the occasional TL/3 as well but that price just seems insane.
  9. A

Overboard

I just saw this happen on ebay, are things really getting this out of hand or did someone just get carried away?
  10. A

8 bit IDE (XTA) Replacement Project

Has anyone tried this on a Tandy 1000 TL/2 or TL/3?
  11. A

New England Anyone with a good 3D printer willing to print this cover for $$?

If you end up needing another one I can always post the print I made. Otherwise I might have to start looking for a Mac.
  12. A

New England Anyone with a good 3D printer willing to print this cover for $$?

I was able to print it on my Anycubic Mega S, doesn't look too bad.
  13. A

PS/1 PS/2 floppy drive adapter

Wow, that looks like exactly the thing. Only one way to find out I guess.
  14. A

This is for the external 5.25 drive isn't it? My model 30-286 doesn't have the 40 pin internal connector though.
  15. A

I found this. Based on several videos I found about using a regular floppy drive I was able to rig something up to get a gotek working, but an adapter with 34 pin in/out and a header for a floppy power connector would be great. If I knew how to design PCBs I'd just do it myself...
  16. A

Nope. The Model 30 uses the edge card bit, the model 30-286 does not. Apparently IBM was fond of using multiple standards for the same things.
  17. A

The model 30-286 doesn't have the edge card drive. It's a standard(ish) 34pin cable with integrated power and a few lines that have to be tied to ground to set the floppy drive type IIRC. I just don't want to hack up my floppy cable.
  18. A

Does anyone know if an adapter exists for the PS/1 or PS/2 to use standard floppy drives without hacking into the cable? I know Texelec made one for the edge card drives used in the model 30-8086 but my model 30-286 and model 35 just have a ribbon cable. I know it's possibly to hack up the...
  19. A

Tandy 1000 25-1000

Hello, I've recently been working on getting an original Tandy 1000 (not the a revision) working. I seem to be unable to get an XTIDE to work properly with it. IT does have the 1.0.0 bios, and not the later 1.0.1 version. I have read claims that the original version did not scan for...
  20. A

Tandy 1000 TL/3 and NIC

Hello All., I am attempting to get a NIC working with a Tandy 1000 TL/3. My card is a 3com 509TP, I can verify that the card works in my 486 just fine, but no matter what I try with the 1000 it will not work, the configuration program says there are no free io addresses when I try the...
Back