• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tandy 1000 TL/3 and NIC

almoerman

Hello All.,

I am attempting to get a NIC working with a Tandy 1000 TL/3. My card is a 3com 509TP, I can verify that the card works in my 486 just fine, but no matter what I try with the 1000 it will not work, the configuration program says there are no free io addresses when I try the autoconfigure. The only other card in the system is a glitchworks xtide rev3, I believe it is at 0300h and it works perfectly. I have tried disabling the built in serial and parallel ports via setuptl3 and still no go.

Has anyone been able to successfully use this or perhaps another NIC in this machine?

Any assistance or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hello All.,

I am attempting to get a NIC working with a Tandy 1000 TL/3. My card is a 3com 509TP, I can verify that the card works in my 486 just fine, but no matter what I try with the 1000 it will not work, the configuration program says there are no free io addresses when I try the autoconfigure. The only other card in the system is a glitchworks xtide rev3, I believe it is at 0300h and it works perfectly. I have tried disabling the built in serial and parallel ports via setuptl3 and still no go.

Has anyone been able to successfully use this or perhaps another NIC in this machine?

Any assistance or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

The TL/3 is interesting in that things that you would think would work on it, don't. This is because the computer itself uses some odd addressing for video and hardware. I'm not surprised you are having issues with your ethernet card.

You may have success if you disable certain features on the motherboard jumpers. Look up the manual to see what options there are for jumpers.

I eventually got an 8019 card, the configuration program works and says the card passes diagnostics but I can't get mtcp to work. I'm not sure if there is an issue with the card hardware wise or what.

8019 cards are PnP, which usually require something running on every boot from config.sys, are you doing that? When you load the packet driver for the 8019 card, does it report success?

Did you ever try port 310h for your 3C509 card as suggested?

I tried 310h and others with the 3C509, it just wouldn't work. The card did work in my 486 though.

I was not able to get a 3C509 to work in my Tandy 1000TL, but a 3C509B did.

Perhaps you have the same problem, maybe the 3C509TP simply won't work.

Yeah, I tried various permutations, configuring and test on 486, then move it over. Couldn't get it going. I wonder if there might be some subtle problem with the computer itself though. For example I cannot access the advanced mode in the tl3 setup program.

Back