• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

My Packard Bell Legend 2276 486 Tower - repair, restoration, and upgrades:

Greetings VCF. I have not made a real forum post in a while. I'm getting tired of the format of FB groups and Reddit so I'll start posting a bit more here. This is my Packard Bell Legend 2276. I would consider this to be my "unicorn" PC. It's the same as the original PC my family purchased in...
  2. S

I completed the trifecta and now have a PS/2 Model 25-SX!

I have been working on this thing all morning basically clearing the chicken in egg (need to run configuration disk / won't read drive because configuration disk has not been run) problem A few observations. This thing is either 16 or 20Mhz (Not sure) But it's faster than my Model 25-286 with a...
  3. S

I need some help doing an internal VGA upgrade on my hotrod PS/2 model 25-286

Alright guys, I have been working on my favorite nostalgic machine for a while now and finally have got the rare bits I needed to make it a more capable machine. After looking for a year for 4MB of special PS/2 RAM it finally popped up, and if you have a PS/2 model 25 or 30 I suggest you look...
  4. S

Got Windows 3.0 running on my PS/2 Model 25 (V30) on a SyQuest EZ Flyer:

I picked the EZ Flyer up a few weeks ago from a thrift store for $6.00 sealed, literally brand new. It's been pretty awesome for my PS/2 model 25 and 25-286. I have a 20MB hard drive in my 25-286, but my other one (the V30) has no internal storage. The biggest challenge was making a boot...
  5. S

A possible CPU upgrade on a PS/2 Model 25/286 - 12Mhz / Zero wait?

I have been doing some pondering over the schematic for the PS/2 Model 30/286. It's about the same thing as my model 25. I have noticed a few interesting things: The chipset is a VLSI VL82CPCAT-QC and is capable of 12Mhz operation and zero wait states with 80nS RAM. : The PS/2 Model 25/286...
Back