• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

I completed the trifecta and now have a PS/2 Model 25-SX!

Simplethings

I have been working on this thing all morning basically clearing the chicken in egg (need to run configuration disk / won't read drive because configuration disk has not been run) problem

A few observations. This thing is either 16 or 20Mhz (Not sure) But it's faster than my Model 25-286 with a Kingston SX Now! 33Mhz upgrade on both 3DBench amd Wolf 3d Benchmark

The disk drive that it came with doesn't work (PN 72X6112), I was able to swap in my 72X6068 Mitsubishi drive from my model 25/286 to get the setup disk to run (after first swapping it's 85MB IDE hard drive into another machine and transferring the contents of the 25SX setup disk onto it for an initial run) It did not like the 72X6068 drive even though it could read disks from it (604 Error).

After properly configuring it and swapping the not working original drive back into it (72X6112) all errors are clear. The 25SX's drive wouldn't work in my 25-286 either. I installed the drivers for my SyQuest EZ Flyer into it's hard drive while I had the good drive in so I can get files into it if I need to now.

When running the 25SX with my working 25/286 drive (that works fine, in the 25SX AND 25 286) I still get the 604 error.

I'm guessing these drives are only partially cross compatible, but anyone's input on the matter would be appreciated. I know we all have fun with these things when there configurations are lost and they can't read disks.

I posted a picture on my Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/simplethingstoys/

Back