• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

Apple IIe with color monitor Apple M0401Z.

I see you are in a PAL country, but remember t the Apple II series was specifically designed for use with USA NTSC Color TV's. Any USA CRT color TV with composite input will work as a great color display unless you are using 80 column text mode ( and 80 col text does not support color anyway )...
  2. D

Apple IIe with color monitor Apple M0401Z.

Before you go too far down the 35kHz vs.v15kHz rabbit hole, the M0401Z is a RGB monitor. The Apple IIe video output is composite, not RGB. You need something like a Apple Color Monitor 100.
  3. D

WTB: Working Apple Lisa

any bidding that raises the price that is later rejected should end the whole auction. It the seller's or the host's fault for not qualifying a bidder before allowing the bid to be placed. Just because seller rejects the high bidder for whatever reason, it does not obligate the any of the...
  4. D

I think oldpcguy's point here is that auction was declared a fraud due to the high bidder being a shill. This shill bidding had artificially raised the price and then the shill was not held accountable, yet oldpcguy was expected to honor his max bid with known fraud in the bidding. Is that...
  5. D

David, In my opinion, the key here is find a system before it gets listed on eBay and you will have a better chance to make a fair deal. In the last 10 years, I have acquired six complete and working Lisa systems for free. Just let everyone and anyone you know that you are looking for a...
  6. D

VERAULT, if your Lisa is just a useless brick to you, why not sell yours to David for a fair price?
  7. D

Franklin Ace 1000 Won't Floppy Boot but seems OK?

I can verify Cryu's findings. Using a ACE1200 and the Franklin FDC, my Floppy Emu ( model B, in disk 2 mode ) works fine, but if I swap the Franklin FDC for real Apple Disk II FDC when I try to boot a disk the system just hangs. I also tried the BMOW Yellowstone FDC in vanilla Disk II mode...
  8. D

Franklin Ace 1000 Won't Floppy Boot but seems OK?

Even if you get the BMOW gear working, I am not sure you will have success with a ProDos boot disk. It was my understanding the ProDos was programmed not to work with clones such as the Franklin. I have an ACE 1200, but I have yet to test this... ;-)
  9. D

TRS-80 Model 1 won't boot from disk

I can see the correct terminator in the photos that OP posted.
  10. D

TRS-80 Model I Monitor troubleshooting

Be careful! This monitor has a hot chassis, use an isolation transformer or you may blow up your scope or zap yourself.
  11. D

Running TRSDOS on Z180 & eZ80

Do you have a link to order one?
  12. D

The South I'm selling an ultra-low serial (#000977) 1979 Bell & Howell 'Darth Vader' Apple II system on eBay..

Wow, so you bought the B&H in Lombard. I live close and saw it in May when he 1st listed it. Like you I already have one, but was interested because the guy also said he had II+ and a IIc ( and I have been wanting a IIc). In the end there was the B&H, a very beat-up IIe, some kind of junky...
  13. D

Model 1 / FreHD / Quinnterface - cable length problem

FWIW, back in the day I made a longer ( ~20 inch ) E/I shielded cable for my M1 that works just fine. I still have the cable, and I also have a Quinnterface and I would offer to test it, but the Quinnterface does not have a card edge like the E/I.
  14. D

Anyone else building an Apple-1 ?

BTW, on my boards I have fixed the issue with extra dots on the display by pulling down the output C-13, Pin 6 to ground, with a 2.2K resistor. More info on this is here: https://www.willegal.net/appleii/apple1-hardware.htm
  15. D

Where did you read this? I have always found the A1 to be very stable.
  16. D

DOS 3.2

AFAIK, you can't have a 16 sector DOS 3.2 disk. If you have been using DOS 3.3, that also means that your Disk II controller has the 16 sector ( P5A/P6A Proms ). To really use DOS 3.2 you will have revert using the original 13 sectors proms. DOS 3.3 is the minimum you can run with a 16 sector...
  17. D

I have built several Apple 1 clones and several replica 1 kits also. This website ( not mine ) has a lot of good information about how the apple 1 hardware works that I have not seen anywhere else: https://www.sbprojects.net/projects/apple1/
  18. D

My understanding is that WOZ was attracted to the low pin-count of the 2504's...
  19. D

Model I case screws sizes

The case screws are clearly documented in the tech reference manual: 6/32 self tappers: 1", 1 3/4", and 2" long.
  20. D

Hi! Here's my Lisa.

I was just playing with Lisa Xenix monday night...
Back