• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. M

External 50pin SCSI Hard drive

After installing a wireless router and updating the Church website, they gave me this drive. It has the dates 1987-1988 on it. I can't say if it works or not since I have no way to test it. It hasn't been used in years.
  2. M

More vintage computer on the way

I already posted what I do have. I'm ordering some stuff from the cloud9 guys including a coco3 and the protector for its processor and a spare processor for experimentation. I also ordered drive wire for PC/coco3 communication and OS/9 as well as the 512 k upgrade. This I already paid for and I...
  3. M

Trying to upgrade my color computer

If anyone knows the pinouts of the 3280060SE-CS I would like to know. I have been searching the web and I cannot find it and I cannot find technical data on the 2-meg upgrades for the color computer.
  4. M

Who want to...

... help me in the project to build the coco4? Not just an emulator. At coco3.com in the lounge in the chat rooms I found a site by td that has a contact link to join in contribution. I once had a dream about the coco5 and it was beautiful. Let's all take part in making a dream come true. lol...
  5. M

For those of you who like peanut butter jelly time

It's integrated circuit time, integrated circuit time, integrated circuit. Calculate 4x binary 4x integrated circuit 4x Do the integrated circuit, intergrated circuit, integrated circuit with a decimal 2x Now break it down and float 4x Now push pop add (uh-huh) push pop add (let's stack) push...
  6. M

ello govners

I am the mainframeOFpasta aka pastageek & pastadude. I enjoy all kinds of sciences including creationism. I enjoy vintage computers because in many ways they are better than modern computers. 16 S-100 in the Altair but only 5 PCI! It stinks. lol
  7. M

to0 fat for your computer rofl

I was at one time so fat that when my mom emailed my pic to my grandma, the Yahoo server gave and the overweight instead of the overflow error then she was sued for all the gravy on the hard drives. When I put my picuter on the computer I have to stop using NTFS and go back to FAT64. I'm so...
  8. M

Is it possible

... To burn a copy of Unix form a windows machine and then use that CD on an OSless machine and work?
  9. M

A completely new computer

I have an idea for a strange new type of computer. It will have illogical gates. Instead of the And, or, and not gates there will be the Could be gate, the Should be gate, and the better not be be gate and well as the Shouldn't be gate, the Couldn't be gate, the inclusivee Could be gate, and the...
  10. M

Rs-232

I was wondering if the RS-232 on a color computer can be connected directly to the serial port of a modern PC. Do they use the same ASCII? Is it possible to use my PC as virtual memory for a coco?
  11. M

My family of computers

I have 3 color computer 2s, I coco3, 2 5.25" diskdrives and a load of still good disks to go with them, a newer tape drive that still fits and the cord to go with it, an old heat printer with plenty of paper, A mac SE with key board and mouse, atari (not sure which one) from 1982 [lost all the...
  12. M

50 cpu board from an old mainframe

I am wondering if anyone knows some sites where I might look this kind of stuff up. I can't let it go to waste or the RAM monster will get me. lol But seriously, I am wandering if this thing can be converted for syncing up multiple micro controllers.
Back