• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. E

WTB: AC Adapter for Toshiba T1200

Picked up this lovely little thing at my local ewaste facility for $8, but of course it doesnt have its power brick. Anyone know where I can get one?
  2. E

Advanced Gravis Mousestick Joystick ADB Controller for Mac

Advanced Gravis Mousestick Joystick ADB Controller for Mac ($25 + S&H) I honestly know nothing about this thing, as I can find lots of Mousestick IIs available, but none of these. Looks like it was released in 1990 by what little I can find online, and the "Compatible with MS Flight Simulator...
  3. E

FOR SALE: Giga-byte GA-486VM motherboard with Intel i486-50 CPU and 20MB RAM

Giga-byte GA-486VM motherboard. Complete documentation is available on TH99. Contact me before making an offer (either here or ebay), as I'm willing to accept less to keep it in the VCF family.
  4. E

$2 Find: Macintosh IIci w/ Carrera040 Card

I picked this system up just recently from an e-waste facility for literally pennies. I know nothing about Macs (I've always been a PC guy), but it was too vintage and in too good of physical condition to just let it go to scrap. Getting it home, I found it was almost immaculately clean inside...
  5. E

Packard Bell 5x5-2 Parts

I picked up a Packard Bell 5x5-2 today and I'm looking to see if anyone needs parts (the link is not my system, but mine is the same model). The case is incomplete but what there is of it is in decent shape, though the plastic is a bit yellowed. The internals were in mostly excellent shape. The...
  6. E

Refurbishing/modifying beat up vintage cases?

So, Ive been wrestling with this idea for a while, and Im curious how it would be received by the community of retro computer enthusiasts, if only for the sake of curiosity. I'm not exactly what you'd call a collector, but I do love retro hardware. I have very limited funds and even less space...
  7. E

286/386/486 Motherboards for Sale

I have three mainboards posted for sale on ebay: 286 Motherboard w/ C&T NEAT CHIPS and AMD 286/16 CPU ABIT 386DX-FA3 Mainboard w/ CPU & NPU DTK PKM-3300 486DX BOARD + RAM & CACHE All three are tested and working, with photos showing this included in the ebay listings. Anyone from this site...
  8. E

C&T NEAT 286 motherboard w/ AMD 286/16 CPU

Asking $130 OBO, shipped within the US in a well-padded medium flat rate box. For information on the board (including pictures of the board itself and boot/BIOS screenshots) check out this thread here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I don't know much about it beyond whats in the...
  9. E

Can anyone identify this 286 board?

What I know of it: 286/16 (AMD processor)Was in a SIIG caseCHIPS chipset (datasheet here)Copyright 1988 by LRIP/N: S286-16NRAM chips are 256k x 1-Bit, so with four banks of it I'm guessing it has 1MB RAM I can't find anything about it at all.
  10. E

Odd Find at my Local Thrift Store

So, I was at my local thrift store "clearance center" (they seem to mostly sell stuff that doesnt or they think wont sell at a normal thrift store), and in their electronics section, apparently someone dumped some old computer gear. Found a PII-era eMachine and an IBM clone 8088-2 that I picked...
  11. E

Seagate ST-251-1: Powers on and spins up but non-functional

Anyone have any interest? It powers on and spins up but wont boot or initialize.
  12. E

Board that (reportedly) can handle 64mb RAM only sees 16mb?

So, I have a DX2-66 plugged into this board here. Specs say it'll handle 64mb, and I have a pair of 32mb EDO sticks I know work, but this system won't see them at all. I plug one stick into any of the four banks, won't boot. I plug two sticks in, still won't boot. Okay fine, for some reason it...
  13. E

Seagate ST-4096, tested and functional

Just pulled a nice condition ST-4096 from a scrapped 386. I reformatted it and dropped DOS 6.22 on it and it runs like a charm, any interest? Seem to go semi regularly on ebay for $60 + shipping, so if someone here is interested Ill pack it well in a medium flat rate and ship it off for $65.
  14. E

AST CUPID 386SX-16 Processor Board and Motherboard

AST CUPID Motheroard 202360-001 AST CUPID 386SX-16 Processor Board 202380-001 Most of the documentation I can find on the motherboard is that it supports 386 and 486 processor boards, but I don't have the gear to test this so can't confirm. If anyone here is interested in either of these, PM...
  15. E

HP Vectra QS/20: System won't see RAM in bank 1

So, my Vectra QS/20 has two banks for RAM, four slots each. I have five sets of four 1mb sticks that all detect fine in the bank 0 slots and give the system 4mb of RAM. But when I try to put two sets in- four sticks in bank 0, four in bank 1- it won't even POST. Ive tried mixing and matching...
  16. E

Acculogic sIDE-4/PLUS IDE/Floppy Controller (Rev. 1?)

I'm posting this here since while TH99 has a Rev. 2 version, its different then the one I have. Since it came with a manual for the card with a full jumper diagram, I figured it'd be of use for posterity if nothing else. EDIT: and now I see the images are shrunk down too much to be of much...
  17. E

Replacing the BIOS on a Proprietary System?

I have several systems from the 386/486 era, most of which are either HP or Compaq and running on a proprietary BIOS. What I'm wondering is if theres a way to swap out the BIOS on these systems to something less locked down, or are they just stuck needing a setup disk and being as limited as...
  18. E

Using DOM/CF/SD as IDE hard drives: Benefits/Drawbacks?

So, I'm well aware of the use of flash memory of one form or another as a hard drive replacement in vintage computing. However, what I'm not sure about is the benefits/drawbacks of using them over a standard hard drive, or even when compared to each other. Is there a noticeable speed/performance...
  19. E

Caviar 2340 controller card

Anyone have a dead WD Caviar 2340 with a still functional controller card? Pretty sure the one on mine shorted and killed itself, but the drive was good before that and I dont think this would have killed it too...?
  20. E

Questions on a Vectra QS/20

So, since it doesnt seem like there much interest in this Vectra QS/20, I'm seeing if theres anything fun/interesting I can do with it. So, Im looking at the processor board... ...and comparing it to the documentation on it here. Pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I'm hoping Im wrong...
Back