• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Caviar 2340 controller card

EMDarrow

Experienced Member
Anyone have a dead WD Caviar 2340 with a still functional controller card? Pretty sure the one on mine shorted and killed itself, but the drive was good before that and I dont think this would have killed it too...?

It works? Well what use is that?! :D

Right now Im debating if its worth buying replacement drives, or just getting a CF/SD/DOM unit instead.

Of the three you mentioned I would go with the DOM for simplicity and compatibility reasons. All you need is the DOM -- it plugs directly into the IDE interface with no extra hardware required. Doesn't get much easier than that. And they don't seem to exhibit the compatibility issues that some of the other types of devices do on occasion.

Back