• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. T

Viewsonic 17PS - No Display but Neck Glow

Tested IC877 and sometimes the voltage was at 6.154V, but sometimes it started dropping below 1.5V and on to zero. The output of IC871 seemed to always be 0V as well. The manual says it should be 12V. Not sure what might be going on there. Then I started testing on the high voltage side but I...
  2. T

Once again being a noob here - I assume the middle pin is always the output voltage? If so IC873 is putting out 30.61V. I suppose that is within the 33V required by the manual? Is +/-10% ok on these circuits?
  3. T

Aah wait.. now the middle pin switches to 12.15V instead of 0.668V once the display gets a signal. I suppose this is working then?
  4. T

Sorry for my noobishness here - I'm measuring the terminals on IC871 and I can't find 12V out as the block diagram shows. I'm getting the following from pins 1, 3, and 5. I didn't measure 2&4 because it was difficult to reach back there with my multimeter lead and I was afraid of shorting...
  5. T

Found the correct manual for my monitor and hoping I test the correct terminals - will update once I have metered a few points.
  6. T

Found the attached but mine is a 17PS and not a 17PS2
  7. T

See attached photos - the display is black but the neck is glowing. It seems to be receiving a signal from the VGA I am putting to it, but the screen still stays black. I believe it is getting a signal because when I connect the VGA cable to a source the yellow status light on the front of the...
  8. T

Commodore 64 PSUs

Very happy to hear you were both able to put these to good use! Much better than having them end up in the trash!
  9. T

Mid Atlantic Power Macintosh 7100/66 - For Parts - $60 Shipped USA

Yep I probably did remove it. If you want to buy it I'll dig it out and put it back on - still goes for $60 at that point. Let me know.
  10. T

I may have some RAM stashed away, I don't think I have the NUBUS cards.
  11. T

Mid Atlantic AT Clone Power Supply 150W (CPI-1150) - Sold As Is - $30 Shipped in USA

See attached photos. I pulled this from an old clone a long time ago. Haven't had an opportunity to test it. I will ship $30 as is to anyone in the United States. This is sold as-is.
  12. T

See attached photos - I've had this one for a while. Power supply roasted and I threw it in the trash. Everything you see in the photos is what you get. I'm willing to sell pieces of this if people want - feel free to make an offer on pieces. I'm willing to sell this to anyone for $60 and I'll...
  13. T

Counting Clock Cycles on Apple IIgs - cc65 compiler

Thank you for the suggestion. I've decided to go with your method - I pulled up the data sheet for the 6502 found at https://www.princeton.edu/~mae412/HANDOUTS/Datasheets/6502.pdf (also attached below for redundancy) However, I cannot figure out what these letters circled in red signify (OP, N...
  14. T

Counting Clock Cycles on Apple IIgs - cc65 compiler

Doing some tinkering with my IIGS and I'd like to be able to count clock cycles required for execution of a machine language program. I'm using the cc65 compiler to take some small C programs and run them on my IIGS. (essentially followed this tutorial for anyone who is also interested...
  15. T

Commodore 64 PSUs

If anybody has a use for these, I'll send them over for a nominal cost (my time + shipping.) Otherwise I'm tossing them - I hate to toss stuff but I don't think these are much use to anyone. Also I measured the 9VAC pins and got 10.8VAC - if that's any importance to anybody.
  16. T

Commodore 64 PSUs

I picked up a large C64 lot with four old PSUs (the dangerous ones) and am not sure what to do with them. I tested the 5VDC pins with my multimeter, the three without the sticker came out around 5.15V+ and the one with the sticker that says came in at about 5.07V. Should I toss these in the...
  17. T

Sending BASIC from Windows to IIGS via serial

Thank you for the tip! This is most certainly my issue. Was hoping to eventually use this method to send over 6502 assembly, but I think I'll just try and fit programs onto disks.
  18. T

Tried setting CPU to Normal and it became even worse... Putting it back on Fast and switching to 150 baud for now. If someone has additional recommendations for faster & accurate transmission speed please let me know!
  19. T

Set it to 150 baud on both sides... slow as snot but apparently no missing characters. Wonder if I should try setting CPU speed to normal instead of fast and going higher baud? I'll give it a shot and re-post.
Back