• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. C

Looking for schemas for IBM 5364 Driver Card or card itself

The receiver card? I don’t see a compelling reason to make a schematic for that one preemptively. They don’t get separated from the units like the pc side card frequently does
  2. C

Someone on the classiccmp discord is working on laying out a board right now. I’ll update my repo with his work when he’s ready.
  3. C

https://github.com/cwsimmons/IBM_5364_interface https://bitsavers.org/pdf/ibm/system36/5364/pictures/pc_card/ I finished faster than expected. Keep in mind that the symbols in the KiCad project aren’t always the exact same part as the real board (I.e “LS” where it should be “S”)
  4. C

As it happens I just started tracing my card yesterday. I’m probably about 1/10 done. I hope to have it done by the end of the upcoming weekend Chris
  5. C

IBM Voice Communications Operating Subsystem Program

I’m looking for the IBM voice communications operating subsystem program so that I can use my VCO card. I already have application software for the card but they all depend on this subsystem program which I have been unable to find.
  6. C

3174 Microcode imaging

I made an interesting discovery today. After taking another look at the pinout for the 2.4 meg drive, I decided to see what happened when I pulled pin 2 low while the disk was spinning. The drive went from 360 rpm to 180 rpm, which I confirmed with my scope. Additionally, the read data waveform...
  7. C

XT/370 Technical Reference

Does anyone have a copy of the XT/370 Technical Reference (6936732)? I've only seen it mentioned.
  8. C

Everex EGA Card Troubleshooting

I picked up an Everex EV659 recently, and I'd like to use it in my 5170. However when I install the card the system fails to POST, no beeps. The same goes for when I try it in my 5160. Additionally, if I remove the ROM from the card the computer boots. I've found jump/switch settings for a...
  9. C

3274 21C Worth Picking Up?

The drive grounds all the pins on the odd number side. The only pin that seems out of place is 3, which is a signal coming from the drive and seems to go low whenever the drive is selected and spinning. I've also taken a look at the raw data coming off of an inner track. It definitely appears...
  10. C

XT/370, need help

I recently bought an xt/370 card off ebay and am having trouble getting it to work in my xt. To be specific the only xt machine I have at the moment is a 3270 PC. Trying to run vmpc, gives an error about the configuration file. Running the diagnostic routines gives my a 2620 error. Does anyone...
  11. C

IBM 3270 PC/G Video Card?

Here are images of the PS board and excerpts from its installation manual. hi-res here: http://cfsimmons.com/files/ibm/
  12. C

Question about 3270 Coax Protocols

Hi all, I've been trying to learn about the protocol IBM used between their coax terminals and the controller such as the 3174. I've found some documentation on the Type B terminals like the 3277, but I'm more interested in the Type A implementation, used for the 3278/3279. I'm not looking for a...
Back