• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

Menuing solutions?

Pardon the relative newb question, but what existing software-launching menu systems exist that work with LDOS and a hard drive (M3SE, actually) on a Model III? I see this topic being discussed in a few current threads, and I'm in that situation myself. I'd really love to create a more useful...
  2. A

Regarding the SVD device:

("Semi-Virtual Floppy" - a precursor to the HxC, in effect.) I successfully built one using the plans that are available at www.thesvd.com, but there are a few gotchas. The PC-side software is a bit of a weak link, in that it seems to be relatively easy to crash it in various conditions...
  3. A

3D-printed solution for cracked/broken floppy latches

Here's a pic shot from below the floppy door where you can see the 3d printed part (printed in two halves and welded in the middle with acrylic cement, where there's no stress in operation, to avoid having to print overhangs). Original white pins are still used. The replacement part has closed...
  4. A

3D-printed solution for cracked/broken floppy latches

I ran into what appears to be a fairly common problem with the Texas Peripherals internal floppies in my Model III, which is that the bracket cracked that holds the little pins that keep the front door latch connected to the internal arm that clamps the disk. The white plastic pins would no...
  5. A

Trying to locate "DOSCALLX/ASM"-

I found an interesting piece of source at http://www.nick-andrew.net/projects/trs80/trs80-cmd-utils.shtml which is a program meant to do a better job at converting cassettes to /CMD's than the Radio Shack tape utility, particularly for programs that load themselves into low memory that...
  6. A

What’s the purpose of the neon lamp in the CRT filament circuit?

I’m just curious... I’m in the midst of a Model III rehab (replacing 35 year old electrolytic caps and paper filter caps on the verge of exploding, frozen brightness/contrast pots, etc.). I noticed the neon lamp wired to the crt filament came on briefly at power on before I started disassembling...
  7. A

WTB: 5.25" Floppy diagnostic/alignment disk suitable for TRS-80 M3 (double density)

WTB: 5.25" Floppy diagnostic/alignment disk suitable for TRS-80 M3 (double density) I know these are rare as heck anymore but I'm interested if anyone has one that's still functional, e.g. with the J&M diagnostic apps (or even with an oscilloscope per the tech ref manual). Thanks, Andy
Back