• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. B

Selling a bunch of Altair stuff that my uncle had in his collection:

Just purchased some boards from Joesph by emailing him, very nice guy and was very quick to respond. He is a organized and professional seller. -Nathan
  2. B

IBM Advanced/36 useless without licence key?

I have the opportunity to purchase an IBM Advanced/36 system with keyboard and a terminal for a decent price. I am all for doing diagnostics and putting a little bit of money into it, but from what I have been reading, running OS/400 or SSP, requires a license key, and the machine that I am...
  3. B

Continued Sol-20 Keyboard Issues

Sorry for yet another Sol-20 keyboard thread, although I feel like my problem is unique and might provide some help for others. When I first got my SOL-20, the TexElec keypads were out of stock so I decided to punch out my own foam-and-foils. I tried my best to follow guides but when I installed...
  4. B

Sol-20 Personality Board Diagnosis

Currently I have my Sol-20 outputting video to a TV. Its a cheap digital flat screen I had lying around connected with a homemade coax to rca cable. When the machine turns on I get the ">" followed by a "#" instead of a solid black cursor. I am wondering if this perhaps means I have a bad ROM...
  5. B

Wanted: Broken Sun Type 4 Keyboard

Last year I bought a Sol-20 computer with the intention of repairing it. It has been a lot of fun so far! There was a small piece of perf board inside that had some obviously broken connections and I was able to find that it was a mod to allow for extra memory, and I was able to remove that(for...
Back