• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. I

Joystick on the Apple IIe?

Well, I came across a joystick for my IIe, but after plugging it in and selecting the joystick option in Spyhunter, I found it completely unresponsive . Does the IIe also require some sort of card to run this hardware ? Any tips are appreciated !
  2. I

Odd Microsoft Card for an Apple IIe?

When I got an early Apple IIe, I opened it up to clean it a bit inside, and found along with the standards cards, one that says 1983 by Microsoft. It also says "CATS SOFTCARD, REV A 143/84" on it. I took it out before I gave the IIe away, but don't know anything else. Does anybody know what...
  3. I

Copying Disks on the IIe...Help!

I have been trying to copy disks using a standard Apple IIe, a later model with the built in numeric keypad. Unfortunately, every time I try to copy using one of the copy programs I have (being ProDos and Copy II 8.4) both programs attemt to copy disk volumes and then report errors. I have...
  4. I

Commodore 64 and 64c compatibility

My question here is mainly related to what the difference is between a Commodore 64 of the original variety and the later 64c. Will a 64c still run an original 1541 drive? Are there compatibility issues with mixing any components from the original and the 64c?
  5. I

Color Monitor Options for Apple II's

Sooooo, when I picked up my IIe at a yard sale, it was with three monitors, two of the old green screens, plus probably the most huge and bulky color monitor there ever was. The thing must be one of the original color monitors for this system, 'cause it's a monster. My question gets to be...
  6. I

Introducing the IIe

Greetings! As my name implies, I'm an Apple fan. I'm mainly interested in the IIc and IIe generation of Apples, and the old educational games that I played on these computers in elementary school. I had the good fortune to go to a yard sale one summer at my old elementary school and pick up a...
  7. I

Apple II Games and Software

Currently, I am searching for the aforementioned Apple II games to buy. To be specific, I'm trying to find copies of Freedom, Dr. Livingston I Presume, Fay (sp?) the Math Cop, and various other adventurous educational games (some of which I'm sure I'd only remember if I saw). I've never...
Back