• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. W

5 1/4" disk drive problems

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I was testing some vintage 5 1/4" disks in a Teac 1.2MB drive (Just doing a DIR on them) using a 486 running DOS 5.0. Most were good disks, some were bad. After testing awhile I ran into a number of bad disks. Getting the error msg...
  2. W

First Osborne Group (FOG) software

I have recently received a group of 5 1/4" floppies marked "FOG - DOS" Games . I understand these were part of initial group of disks created by members of the group sometime in the mid '80s. Can anyone provide any additional information on these Game disks? I have currently listed them on...
  3. W

Can I use 2 Winchester controller cards to add a third floppy to my 486 computer

I have a 486DX Micro Q (?) desktop computer that has a Maxtor HD and a 5 1/4" TEAC 1.2 MB drive and a 3 1/2" floppy drive. It is running DOS 5.0 and has 5 ISA slots available. I cannot find any markings on the current controller card as to the maker. It has AMIBIOS 1992 on the mother board...
  4. W

Test Computer Problems

Hi, I had a test computer built for me, but I'm having issues with it. It's a 386 computer and I have the ability to select either DOS or Windows XP. I'm currently running under DOS to check out some older floppy disks. The computer has a 5 1/4" disk drive and a 3 1/2" disk drive setup...
  5. W

Anderson Jacobson Computer Circuit Board

Hi, in going through some circuit boards that were destined to be scrapped, I came across a circuit board from Anderson Jacobson. This board is in great condition except for some minor corrosion. I could not find out anything about Anderson Jacobson except that they made modems and possibly...
  6. W

WELTAK Floppy Drive Question

I recently obtained a 5 1/4" partially stripped floppy drive. The only information I could find on it was the name WELTAK and the word Japan, as well as the serial number of the unit. Being a curious person and never having heard the name Weltak used in conjunction with floppy drives, I tried...
  7. W

DOS for a Toshiba T1100 Plus

Hi, does any know if I need a special DOS version to use with my T1100 Plus? Does the DOS have to be specifically for the T1100 Plus or will any DOS work? TIA Bill
  8. W

5 1/4" Floppy Disk Sleeve Catalog/Collections

Several (many) years ago I found a web site that had a collection of sleeve photos. I am wondering if anyone knows of any site that has these sleeve photos. I started saving my unusual sleeves and have a few (probably less than 50). Is anyone out there collecting sleeves? Just Curious and...
  9. W

Rocky Mountains Need help on a TEAC FD-235HF 3 1/2" drive

I have a TEAC 3 1/2" drive. I am trying to determine if it is a dual read drive (LD and HD) or just a LD (720) drive. I find that there are many, many variations of this drive model. The numbers that follow the model number are 8334. I have tried (with no success) to find this variation of...
  10. W

Rocky Mountains Help getting an Epson Equity 1+ Diagnostic Disk

Hi, I have an Epson Equity 1+ computer (8088) with dual 5 1/4" disk drives. These are both the 360k variety. When I picked this computer up it did not have the diagnostic disk with it. I am looking for someone to create a Epson Equity 1+ Diagnostic disk for me on a 5 1/4" 360k floppy. I...
  11. W

Rocky Mountains CRT Terminal Monitors Available

Hi, I have several (5) working CRT Terminal Monitors available for sale or trade. To keep from creating a redundant listing, I'll just give the location of where these items are listed. I have them on the Colorado Springs, CO Craigs List website. You can contact me here or on the Craigs List...
  12. W

Help needed to build vintage testing computer

Hi, I have recently acquired a large number of 3 1/2" and 5 1/4" floppies. Most are not marked as to their density. Some are commercial disks, most are not. I am thinking I'd like to build a 386 computer that has the capability to run the 4 floppy drives plus a HD. I have some spare parts...
  13. W

IBM 9518 Color Monitor

I have an IBM model 9518 monitor that I am selling. This is a working unit and the color looks pretty good. I have tested this monitor on a 386 computer running Windows XP PRO. To get it to display properly, I had to run it at 60 Hertz with a 800 x 600 resolution on this O/S (with a 96 dpi)...
Back