• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. T

Commodore PET 2001-8 text wobbling on screen

@greniu : I have other question. How did you connect the RGBTOHDMI to the CBM? Which pins are you using on the RGBTOHDMI?
  2. T

Commodore 3016 scrambled screen

There was some bad connection. I have resoldered some ic's and now it's working.
  3. T

I have installed the NOP again. What is now the best way? Should i also retest the DRAM's?
  4. T

Strange, Now i see this screen
  5. T

I did the measuring what was on page #40 on this thread. Should i do it again? Then i must rebuild the nop generator again with breadboard.
  6. T

Hello All, I am back again with new 3016 project ;) CPU is OK. (Did NOP test) replaced 2114 ic's <-- one of them was defect. I have checked all the 4116 ic's and all seems ok. Tested with RetroChipTester. Where should i look first now? Pettester now give this output:
  7. T

It's installed correctly. I always look twice for + and - ;)
  8. T

C22 needed to be modified. Was 3.3uF changed to 220uF
  9. T

I feel such a idiot :oops:. I was going through it al again. Frist C22.... but when i was working on it the first time for the spot repair, i had everyting in reverse in front of me. I thought i replaced C22, but instead i replaced C28.... Now i put the original back in C28 and replaced the...
  10. T

I did this: As an experiment can you tack another large electrolytic capacitor across the main power supply filter capacitor in the VDU, of about the same value, to slow the rate of fall of the supply at power off and see if that has any effect at all. And also no effect
  11. T

Replaced Q1, and no effect
  12. T

Replace Q2 with 2N2222, no effect.
  13. T

I replaced CR5 (1N4148) But no change. Q2 is a 2N4401, i don't have this part now. So i need to order this one. 2N4401 can be replaced by 2N2222?
  14. T

I did the steps and if i turn it on it's black and no flash when i turn it off
  15. T

Yes, when i turn the control it increases the brightness
  16. T

Checked C1 and C27 both ok. Replaced C22 by 330uF but no effect. Brightness has no effect. It's standard power supply. With other mainboard same effect.
  17. T

I replaced the 33v Zener but no change. What's the minimal voltage i should use for C22? I only have 330uF/50v at the moment
  18. T

I found something about C22. I changed it from 10uF to 220uF , but nothing changed.
  19. T

I have one little thing i want to mention. When i turn the CBM off, you see a bright dot what is burning into the CRT. In the middle of the screen you now see a black spot caused by the 'dot'
  20. T

Finally i received my new IC's. A7 and A8 where defect. After replacement all checks are OK now. So now i have fully working 3032 ;) Thanx all for your're help. Next project is my 3040 drive. I see there is already a thread running for that one. So i first check that thread .
Back