• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

EMS and XMS memory distribution on a 286 motherboard

Probleme resolved for my problem hanging checkit and command dos. i have put another ram and all is ok, all work fine now. for EMS I have to use the winbond drivers and activate EMS in bios except that all the memory is allocated to EMS so it is less interesting. I would only use XMS.
  2. A

AHA-1542CP HDD MAX SIZE

Thank for this information, i will do this.
  3. A

AHA-1542CP HDD MAX SIZE

thank you.
  4. A

AHA-1542CP HDD MAX SIZE

I have installed and configured aha-1542cp on dos 6.22 from my 286. disk is scsi 9.1go, i have partitionned and formated the disk with fdisk but i see only 2.1GB in fat16 ? how do i do for see the rest of disk ? i must create extended partition from fdisk ? (max 5.2go it seem).
  5. A

286 Upgrade memory with DIP RAM

i have only 8 chip, 8 socket only, and 4 socket for P21256-08, is limited to 1MB, so, i can't put more dip for upgrade, problem resolved. Thanks
  6. A

286 Upgrade memory with DIP RAM

Hi, I have a motherboard that accepts SIPP ram memory or DIP RAM, with the SIPP I have a lot of problems, application that blocks but not with the dip ram. Is it possible to upgrade to 4MB with dip ram? by default I had 1MB with DIP RAM which worked well. 8 DIP 20 pin M5M44256BP 117UAOU 8...
  7. A

AHA-1542CP HDD MAX SIZE

Hi, I have this card aha-1542cp on 286 16bit isa. What is the maximum disk size I can use with this card? I have a 9.1gb scsi drive. Thanks.
  8. A

thank you for this information, I have not tested it, I will. I will see this drivers to for winbond. Thank you
  9. A

is it possible to configure the memory just with XMS (hymem.sys only), without EMS ? because in checkit the tests pass except High Addr Lines, the computer hang, is what to put imperatively DOS=HIGH in the config.sys? if I put DOS=HIGH, the EMS and High Addr Lines tests failed and when I don't...
  10. A

What is High Addr Lines on checkit3 on menu memory ?
  11. A

I found information on a Russian site with the same motherboard and which has the same problem as me, apparently it works well with 1MB, with 4MB or 2B there is a problem of stability and xms and ems memory. Message from a person that has a same motherboard that me: It works fine with installed...
  12. A

there is information here, but not very precise and clear, for example for parity we do not know if it is pin 1 and 2 or 2 and 3, they have also reversed jumpers C1, pin 1 and 2 c it's 1024x1k and not the reverse pin 2 and 3, for the wait state we don't know is it's pin 1 and 2 or 2 and 3 for 0...
  13. A

DOS=HIGH in config.sys block checkit from starting. XMS manager HYMEM.SYS is ok I tested with only 2MB, I have the same problem, I swapped the other SIPP RAM leaving the 2MB on the motherboard, it doesn't change anything, I'm surprised that the 4MB SIPP are out of order
  14. A

it's KB216WB5 NL80286 12/s 4 MB SIPP Goldstar No FPU 5 ISA 16bit, 1 ISA 8Bit Chipset WD83CXXX i too verified connexion from ram SIPP all is ok.
  15. A

Thank you i will test this. but for my problem for this other board. what is strange is that the test passes at boot, there is no beep at the memory level, it may be software, I tested the jumper wait state 0 and 1 but it does nothing, ems is disabled in the bios, at boot I can clearly see the...
  16. A

Thank you for information. in another motherboard based on the chipset WDC 286 4MB (WD216WB5), by default all memory is allocated to XMS. without any manager in the config.sys (no hymem, no emm386, no MM.sys), with the command mem /c /p I have Conventional memory 655 360 (640k) XMS 3,558,944...
Back