• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. J

Please help me to play high-quality audio on XT/286 machine

Stumbled on this thread. I was part of writing Pinball Fantasies on PC, we did 4 channel mixed music possible to play on speaker. On a 4.77 it is not possible by interrupt driven routine, though probably possible with just a loop, we were not interested in 4.77 PCs then. What I remember was...
  2. J

IBM 5170 power supply blew up

Here seem to be a good collection to select from https://www.electrokit.com/en/product-category/capacitors/mains-filters/
  3. J

IBM 5170 power supply blew up

When I started my 5170 for the first time (probably in years) I think I remember a sound like a "spark" but no magic smoke. Is that likely that one of the caps blew? I'm thinking I should order some caps and try to replace them. The IBM AT I think have no RIFA caps? I have a Mac Plus and a...
  4. J

8MHz 80286 (5170) best games / demos?

I'm so happy I got this old IBM5170 up and running. With a decent VGA card and a Sound Blaster, I now run Pinball Fantasies, which I 25 years ago was part of developing... And it runs pretty good on this machine with 4 channel sample mixer sound on AdLib! :twisted: Did not think it would! I...
Back