• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. H

IBM PC XT Model 5150 (Date of Manufacture 1984) Power supply issue

Thank you for this. As you can see, all the boards have been removed. I have also removed the 386 chip and card, and replaced the original 8088 chip. Although I am happy using a multimeter, I am not sure what 'rails' are and where to test. I have tested all the output lines, on load, and I am...
  2. H

IBM PC 5150. Speaker buzzes, no other response

I have two original IBM PCs, 5150, 1980s vintage. These have been in a dry loft for about 30 years. I have managed to get one up and running, but the other only emits a long buzzing sound. I initially thought there may be an issue with the PSU, but I swapped this with the working PC, so I know...
  3. H

Update I have managed to get the power supply to power up on the second machine. However, the speaker just makes a loud buzzing sound, and nothing else happens - no POST beeps. Following advice from http://minuszerodegrees.net I have stripped the machine right back to just the motherboard, PSU...
  4. H

I have two IBM PC XTs which have been sitting in my loft since around 1990. I recently took them both down and despite a lot of smoke from the dust inside the PSU, I have managed to get one unit running. Both machines are in their original boxes - Main CUP with two 5¼" FDD, complete set of DOS...
  5. H

Compaq lte 386s/20 hinge repair

I am hoping that there is someone out there who can help me with a Compaq LTE 38s 20. I have recently managed to get a power supply for this machine, and although it powers up fine, the system is corrupt. Fortunately I have all the original disk as well as the handbooks and clip on tracker ball...
Back