• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

Toshiba PA7224E 12V rail

OK, it seems that it requires some "load" in order to stabilize a voltage. Once battery or FDD is connected it will regulate voltage between 12-13V. There are some interesting think that I found. My board is FFD5C2, and it seems that it has an 10uF/50V electrolytic capacitor that is not used at...
  2. S

Toshiba PA7367E - Floppy Link

Hi there, I saw in some of the Toshiba laptop datasheets (e.g. Toshiba T1200) item called Floppy Link (PA7367E) and it supposed to be used to connect an external 5.25" FDD to a laptop. I am really curious what this actually is. Is this just a 25pin cable to connect FFDs like PA7224E or...
  3. S

Toshiba PA7224E 12V rail

Hi guys, I am restoring a Toshiba PA7224E FDD and getting weird values on my 12V rail. If I measure voltage on 12V on FDD connector without battery it shows ~15.3V. With a battery attached it is ~13.2V or something like that. For 5V rail everything works fine as it is regulated by TL1451...
  4. S

Reliable 360K floppy disk

Managed to find it :)
  5. S

Reliable 360K floppy disk

Is there anyone from EU that can send me one or two reliable 5.25" 360k disks? I need it to test/fix some drives. It would be good if these are bootable. I'll pay for disks and shipping. Thanks, Branko
  6. S

Toshiba PA7225E works only on battery

Hahahaha...is it the same? I think this one was from UK
  7. S

@modem7 Thanks for info!
  8. S

My drive started to scratch disks for some reason. It makes some kind of rings on the FDD media. I bought some floppies recently and wanted to check them yesterday, and apparently this made some problems :( Read somewhere that it might be dirty head. I'll give it a try. @Conventional Memories...
  9. S

Thanks for answer. I measure that even when on power supply, in some "peak" moments, it draws some current from the battery. So having battery definitely helps. Cheers
  10. S

So the FDD works when external power supply is connected and battery is attached. As battery basically connect two grounds (battery minus and GND from external PSU) together, it works with external PSU only (without the battery) when these grounds are connected. It also charges the battery...
  11. S

Hi, I recently acquired a Toshiba PA7225E, external floppy drive, and I am trying to fix it. As it has internal battery, I assume that it should be able to work on battery only, when there is no DC input. I tried to connect battery, but it does not shows any signs of life :) If I connect DC...
  12. S

needed: LCD control potentiometers from Toshiba laptops

Do you know if these are the same with 1000LE? I think I have some broken LEs for parts and could send you. Although I am located in Europe.
  13. S

Toshiba T2000/40 revival (floppy/batteries)

@CedsRepairs Where did you find this 3.3uF 6.3V capacitor? I tried from all available sources that I know and there is no one with that small height (16mm). She smallest height I found is 20mm :(
  14. S

Toshiba T2000/40 revival (floppy/batteries)

@CedsRepairs Are you sure that PSU should be able to work standalone? I think I have a T2000 somewhere in the basement waiting for repairing...maybe I can give it a try on Friday and send you some info. What I have experienced with PSU from T1200 and T1600 is that not all of them turn on...
  15. S

Checksum error on a Toshiba T1200

@TimR What exactly is your issue? BTW, you should definitely recap it before trying to do any further investigation.
  16. S

CITIZEN U1DA-03A

Arrived and works like a charm! :)
  17. S

Toshiba T7263A

Does anyone know what is this chip for? I cannot find any manual online. Thanks, Branko
  18. S

CITIZEN U1DA-03A

Thanks a lot mate. I am ordering it right now.
  19. S

CITIZEN U1DA-03A

@Twospruces Have you tried if belt fits well?
  20. S

Toshiba T1000XE repair thread

That's correct. I put ~8.2V there and it work great! BTW, most of the laptops that you can find now days do not have the PSU anyway :) No, you can't. The same goes to T1000SE. I think the T1000LE is the only one that can be powered without the main battery but I might be wrong as I haven't...
Back