• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Hambone

Sound Blaster 2.0 - No Digitized Sound

A package from Digi-Key arrived at my house today! I went through and recap'd the board very meticulously. Upon reinstalling the card in a 486 DOS machine, i still have the same problem :( The FM sound plays perfectly, but the digitized is still broke. Im just glad the thing still works...
  2. Hambone

Repeating Horizontal Scroll on EGA Monitor

Oh i hate to dig up old posts, but for sake of archive, on the off shoot that someone has a similar problem: Check your solder joints. I fixed this issue by re-seating the RGB connector and filling in new solder.
  3. Hambone

Okay guys so to recap (heheh) I dropped the SB into a Pentium II Gateway w/Windows 98, a known good system. using the drivers built in, tested the card with windows sounds, and DOOM. Same results as in my 386 and AT. No digital sound, or rather, scratchy garbled junk thats quiet. The FM works in...
  4. Hambone

The sound I hear with FM audio is crystal clear, perfect. It even works within games and Windows 3.11. The digital audio is BARELY audiable at full volume (both the card's potentiometer and external speakers are volume up), and when i say audible, i mean, if I didn't know the SB's test program...
  5. Hambone

In the midst of building a 386 system from some extra parts, I ran into a wall with sound. I'm having an issue with my Sound Blaster 2.0 (CT-1350B) not correctly outputting the 8-bit digitized audio. The FM synthesis works beautifully, but the digital audio is almost non-existent; quiet and so...
  6. Hambone

Repeating Horizontal Scroll on EGA Monitor

So I have a Magnavox EGA monitor that turns on and outputs a display, but it's got this repeating horizontal scroll thing going on, like the page is constantly moving up. Everything else about it's function seems fine: color, sharpness, brightness, etc. When I came into possession of it, I...
Back