• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Repeating Horizontal Scroll on EGA Monitor

Hambone

So I have a Magnavox EGA monitor that turns on and outputs a display, but it's got this repeating horizontal scroll thing going on, like the page is constantly moving up. Everything else about it's function seems fine: color, sharpness, brightness, etc. When I came into possession of it, I opened the rear cover just to dust and inspect capacitors, and nothing looked scary.

Maybe someone with more electrical experience can point me in the right direction, and hopefully I can learn something from this!

PS. I will call my trusty TV/Radio shop when they open and see if they'll even give me a quote.

... but it's got this repeating horizontal scroll thing going on, like the page is constantly moving up.
If the page is "constantly moving up", I would describe that as vertical scrolling. Assuming vertical scrolling, does the monitor have a 'vertical frequency' adjustment?

Oh i hate to dig up old posts, but for sake of archive, on the off shoot that someone has a similar problem: Check your solder joints. I fixed this issue by re-seating the RGB connector and filling in new solder.

Back