• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. jscipione

Help me to revive this dead ISA floppy disk and serial controller card

I have had a catastrophic failure on my ISA Floppy Disk and Serial Controller card in my micro 8088 machine. Something went very wrong with the card erasing every ROM on my system as it went out in flames. I've managed to restore the rest of the ROMs on the rest of my system but traces on the...
  2. jscipione

High Ability Computer HA-1204 labeled 1209C

Can someone help me to identify this power supply from a High Ability Computer HA-1204 labeled 1209C ? It’s a specialty computer created apparently in 1993. I can’t find any information about this computer anywhere. It is a portable luggable Compaq style computer with a 8.5” VGA CRT and it...
  3. jscipione

Can you use an 80287 in place of an 8087-1?

I’m building a micro-8088 kit and I have a couple of quick questions. Can you use an 80287 in place of an 8087-1 math coprocessor? I happen to have a 10mhz rated 80287 chip (and a 10mhz rated 8088-1 chip.) I can’t find any info on if the chip is compatible with an 8088 though. Can you use a...
  4. jscipione

California Sanyo MBC-775 Luggable Portable Computer for sale

If anybody is interested in a Sanyo MBC-775 there is an eBay auction up for one in pretty decent condition for $600 OBO. Shipping from California. I am not the seller, just thought somebody here might be interested...
  5. jscipione

Looking for very special portable pc with color monitor

Dear VCF, I am looking for a very special kind of portable computer aka luggable that almost doesn’t exist. I am trying to find a portable pc like the IBM 5155 or Compaq portable but with a built in color CRT monitor and a 386 CPU. I’ve found a couple examples of this kind of computer online...
Back