• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. F

Apple II Europlus recuperation project

Ok... I now have two working Disk Interface cards - Lucky me! ;) I also received my Floppy Emu. This works fine with both interface cards so the issues there is hopefully passed. On to the disk drives. I'm only working on one at the moment. With the Apex II speed test the drive seems unable to...
  2. F

Quick update... unplugged the P5 ROM from the bad card and found no change. Swapped out P5 and LS323 (LS299) between cards and again no change in the behaviour of either card. So those chips didn't seem to be to blame. Checked traces on the bad card and found no obvious break in continuity. I...
  3. F

yup, with the bad card I get a screen full of random blocks at power up. To be clearer on my current test case. I‘m using the controller card I can boot with. Which ever drive I’m testimy is plugged into the drive 1 port. Something else I tried was to swap the analogue cards of the drives. No...
  4. F

Hi all, since my last posts relating to the PSU I've had some fun getting the computer up and running. I'm now at a stage where as far as I can tell things are pretty good. I can boot to BASIC. I've verified the ROM contents. Basic memory tests pass. I'm feeling pretty chipper about things...
  5. F

Assistance required with an AA11040 PSU

Haven't had the chance to test exhaustively but this seems to be case closed. As the PSU arrived to me C20, C21 and C22 all had polarity the reverse of the PCB markings. Now my new caps are in the same orientation we seem to be stable. I tried to get into the rocker switch to clean out and...
  6. F

I might be able to help myself here... On reviewing my before photos I see that C21 and C22 are not positioned as marked on the board. When I fitted the new caps I for some reason went with the markings not my own notes. When I get a chance I'll put things as-were and retest.
  7. F

Hi All, I've seen a lot of detailed talk problem solving this PSU but I haven't seen chat about quite what I'm experiencing... I have a UK Apple II Europlus. It's complete and cosmetically in pretty good condition. Alas, it doesn't work. I'm starting with the PSU... Firstly I switched out the...
  8. F

Connecting a printer to my TRS-80 Model III

Hi All, Quick question... I have a TRS-80 Model III, it came with a Line Printer II but no cable to connect the two. The computer and printer came together but I've no idea whether they ever belonged together. I'm now looking to connect them, I assume this isn't too difficult. My question...
  9. F

CBM/PET 4016-N ROMs

Hi All, I'm back with a query on my PET, this time with ROMs... If I run a RAM/ROM test I found somewhere an error is reported. I'm not sure what to make of the results: I've dumped the ROM images to file and produced MD5 checksums to compare against known good files: All checks out well...
  10. F

PET / IEEE-488 interface woes

Hi All, I Recently acquired a PET/CBM 4016-N. It was not working on receipt but thanks to a couple of old threads on this board I've been able to get it to the BASIC prompt. On the surface everything now looks fine. Continued tinkering is revealing some quirks which I'll investigate as I'm...
Back