• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. P

Huge unidentified ISA expansion card from IBM Industrial PC

I'm stumped. Help! I've got this giant ISA expansion card set from an IBM 7532, an AT-class industrial PC. I can't figure out its purpose and am so far having no luck looking up the IBM P/Ns online or in any old documentation I've found. Only a vague listing or two on old parts distributor...
  2. P

Epson QX-10 only partially booting

Recently acquired an Epson QX-10, complete with a Titan QX-PC card, ComFiler hard drive, HASCII keyboard and some other goodies. Now, everything turns on and asks for a disk to be inserted just fine. I get lights on the keyboard, images on the CRT, disk drives seem to read disks. However, it...
  3. P

Packard Bell Legend 125 - PB410 rev. C motherboard replacement needed?

I have a bit of a request for info from anyone who can help! Just got a PB Legend 125, and it looked great until I got inside. See the album linked to for pics, but as you can see there are several areas with some serious leakage/corrosion going on around the battery. Who knows what else, it...
  4. P

WTB: Zenith Z-171 compatible AC Adapter/PSU

Just got a Zenith Z171 portable computer, and it's lacking an AC adapter. I'm looking for the original or one that is compatible. 90-132 VAC at 45-63 Hz/180-270 VAC at 45-63 Hz are the specs. Or if anyone knows if a universal PSU will work that would be great. Thank you!
  5. P

CBM 8032 w/ 64K RAM Board... 83 bytes free?

I recently was lucky enough to find an 8032 for $79 on eBay, great condition. It arrived in wonderful shape and booted instantly! However, I noticed something odd... http://twitpic.com/8hq3qy http://twitpic.com/8hq7h0 Turns out it has what I figure is the 64K memory board. Fab number 8032109...
  6. P

Writing 800k IIgs disks on a 68k Mac

So I just came into possession of an Apple IIgs, Rom version 01, Transwarp GS and an extra megabyte of RAM installed. This is my first Apple II series machine so I'm 100% noobing out here! I don't have any disks for the thing, so I downloaded v6.0.1 of GS/OS from Apple's website. Seeing the...
  7. P

Osborne 1 "Copy" program not working

I'm attempting to make a backup of my Osborne 1 system disk(s), and am so far unable to do this. My machine is upgraded with double-density drive capability and I've tried using both double-density and regular Osborne-1 CP/M v2.2 system disks to start the Copy program (rev 3). Both disk drives...
  8. P

ISA card for more RAM?

I have an NCR Comten PC-386SX machine, and it only has 1MB of RAM. This is the only thing really holding me back from certain software titles and it's getting on my nerves, since I have tons of SIMMs laying around but the machine has no SIMM slots at all! Is there some kind of RAM card anyone...
  9. P

5153 (not 54!) with EGA?

I was talking to this guy online and he was saying he uses a 5153 CGA monitor hooked up to an EGA card on his IBM 5150. Apparently this was because he couldn't find an EGA monitor, like the 5154, and instead just uses EGA on the 5153. I thought maybe he meant he uses CGA mode on an EGA card and...
  10. P

Wanted: Full-height floppy drive, non-working is fine

I'm looking for a replacement floppy drive front bezel and latch assembly for my Kaypro 4. The part where the folding front latch itself attaches to the metal disk read head assembly is broken off, so the latch just falls right out... and to get disks to read I have to physically hold down the...
  11. P

Osborne, Kaypro machines found - assistance needed!

Greetings I just had a great find yesterday on Craigslist: an Osborne 1a, Kaypro 4/83+88 and many boxes of software, manuals, newsletters, magazines and more. I'm new to CP/M machines, especially the Osborne. The Kaypro's working nicely so far, other than some disk drive issues that I plan on...
  12. P

Dell/Goodwill Reconnect - Scourge of Vintage Collecting

I'm pretty angry at Goodwill right about now. I usually stop by there on my way home from work, because they're usually quite fair. I've noticed in the past few months that they've had less and less "good" stuff on offer. I mostly look for retro computer stuff. I found a great little computer...
  13. P

Mouse Systems Designer Pop-Up Menus / PC Paint

I just got these disks recently, from 1984 distributed by VisiCorp. It is Mouse Systems PC Paint v1.00A and there are two disks. One is for PC Paint, and that one is fine. However, the second disk is unreadable on any drive I try. Would anyone happen to have this or know somewhere I can get an...
  14. P

Wtb: Tandy 1000 series computer

Greetings: I am looking to get a working Tandy 1000 computer, be it desktop or EX/HX. I have all but given up on fixing my current EX and would like a working machine until I can get the parts. I would prefer it have at least 384k of RAM, but really I am happy to find even a 256k that works...
  15. P

PCjr (not Tandy) apps or games?

Well I just got a PCjr and am having some fun seeing what does and doesn't run. It seems Tandy games do not work on it at all - for instance Spectrum Holobyte's Tandy-compatible version of Tetris. All it shows are colored text characters, no graphics at all just a mess. I'd never read for sure...
  16. P

MIDI Editor for DOS

I've been playing with my new Sound Blaster 2.0 card on my 386 and the FM synth and MIDI mappers it has. Even just messing with the PLAY.EXE program the SB2.0 came with is awesome, just playing different audio files to see what happens. ... and it really got me thinking... is there a good...
  17. P

Preset Hard Drive tables in BIOS - other options?

I have a 386 machine with an odd proprietary NCR(?) BIOS. I want to replace the hard drive, which sounds like it's going bad, but don't know what to replace it with. When I access the setup, I only get options to select from a table of possible hard drive configurations. There's no options in...
  18. P

NCR Comten 386 - any info at all?

PLEASE SEE BELOW POST! I just got a little 386 machine, an NCR Comten PC386SX, model 4062-02. It's a bare machine and didn't come with any documentation at all. This is a shot in the dark, but I was wondering if anyone knew anything much about these? Were these common at all? About all I can...
  19. P

C 1702 Monitor - PAL/NTSC-capable?

Simple question: Will a normal, unmodified Commodore 1702 monitor bought in America work fine with a PAL composite video signal? One that looks just like this one. I've read some places yes, some places no. Even though it says "60hz" on the rear of the display it supposedly will accept a PAL...
  20. P

IBM 5150 Video Review - history and viewpoint for new collectors

Greetings all. I have put together a video overview, short history and new user's guide of sorts to the IBM 5150 for my weekly LGR show on YouTube. I'd appreciate any thoughts, good or bad, from users here! IBM 5150 - Lazy Game Reviews Thank you, and I hope you enjoy. The 5150 seems to get...
Back