• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

Gotek Troubles on Model III

Thanks for all the file sites. Checking them out. :)
  2. S

I SOLVED IT!!!!!! Oh there is dancing here tonight!!!!! Ok: you guys were amazing teaching me what I needed to know and I was able to extrapolate a solution. Larry's guidance on changing drive number by using a DIP switch in place of the programmable shunt socket. Eudimorphodon: Your...
  3. S

Very cool. Do you happen to have scans of the manual?
  4. S

Thank you both for all the input. Apologies for the blurry photos. You are correct. It does say "Progressive Computer Products" and the model name is FDC-III" I am going to give the pin 10-14 swap trick a try when my parts arrive and make a custom cable. While I am waiting for my parts to...
  5. S

Hi Folks: I had some time today to open up the Model III. I am attaching some photos of the motherboard and the floppy controller. As I am just beginning down the TRS-80 restoration adventure, I am not sure what is normal and what is not, what is an OEM part and what is not. So the motherboard...
  6. S

Unfortunately no, the external drive did not have a cable. :-( The cable I am using, for both the Gotel and to test the external drive, is a 34 pin IDC to Edge connector straight floppy cable from a Kaypro. That is interesting to know about the Tandy drive cables. I did reconnect the cable to...
  7. S

I'm not the original owner, so I will have to open the machine to get the info on the drive controller. I'll update the thread with that info. I can tell the drives are original Radio Shack. I do not have jumper "JC" set so, if I am correct, the Gotek is set to Shugart. I do have...
  8. S

Thanks. That makes a lot of sense. I'd like to add the following observations to see what you think. When I had physical drive 1 attached, the two physical drives work as DS0 and DS1 should - that's good. When the Gotek is set to DS0 and connected to the external drive connector, the...
  9. S

HI Larry, Thank you for the response, but I am afraid I do not know what you mean by strapped? Do you mean set the jumper on the Gotek as DS0 & D1? I also do not know what you mean about pins 10 & 12. If you can, a bit more detail might help. Apologies for my unfamiliarity. Cheers, mark
  10. S

I am running the latest Flash Floppy on a Gotek with Artery AT32F-415CBT17 on a TRS-80 Model III with 48k RAM. The Gotek is connected with the proper cable type from the Gotek to the external floppy edge connector. Drive 1's internal cable is disconnected so the Gotek can be drive 1. My...
  11. S

ADT-Pro like programs for TRS-80??

Awesome. Thanks. Its been 42+ years since using a TRS-80. 😲
  12. S

The configuration is a 16K 1062 model III to which a previous owner must have added drives and additional memory, it shows 48K when running. What else is interesting is, startup, it just goes to a dark screen. No typical Cass? prompt, etc. But boots and works just fine when given a boot disk...
  13. S

Looks like I may have found something. Maybe. But I would need to get a RS232 board for the Model III. Guess that may be the next step.
  14. S

Hi all: So I recently finished up refurbishing a Model III with upgraded memory. I would like to start getting some disk images written from my PC to actual floppies. I know there are a multitude of ways to do this, however, I am at a disadvantage as I do not have a PC with a legacy 5.25 drive...
  15. S

Kaypro II Keyboard Schematic

Greetings friends: I hope someone might be able to help me out. I am trying to find the schematic to a Kaypro II keyboard. I have done a lot of searching online, including some threads here, but no luck. There were a few variations of keyboard PCBs and I am including a photo here to identify...
  16. S

Kaypro Keyboard trouble

So, there is some good news on the horizon. I think I found the problem. Starting with some basic component testing, I think there is a bad diode on the keyboard MB. I’ll keep ya posted.
  17. S

Kaypro Keyboard trouble

Good thought. That was one of the first things I verified. Good continuity on the cable.
  18. S

Kaypro Keyboard trouble

Thank you for all the input. I will definitely look over the referenced document. Thanks, Mark
  19. S

Kaypro Keyboard trouble

Hi all: I could use some advice and wisdom please. I am troubleshooting a Kaypro 2 keyboard behavior. This is a machine I recently acquired. It boots fine, but when the keyboard is attached it beeps continuously and puts a ‘/‘ the screen continuously. I have: Checked to make sure there wasn’t a...
  20. S

Real disk writing idea via Model 100

Thanks for all the responses. @Patrick.B (TTR) no real goals, other than to restore it to its 1980's glory. Get some software up and running for it in floppy format. Most of the vintage units I have, once fully restored, are not "used" per se. I use emulators mostly in order to preserve the...
Back