• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. K

Tandy 1000 SX strange audio issue

Ok I had some time to do the low hanging fruit and poked the multiplexer. When I use 19 I get a continuous PC beep out of the external speaker. When I do 115 I get what sounds like a Tandy voice version of the same beep, but very low level like other Tandy voice sounds. I'll try the other...
  2. K

So the BEEP does not make the beep sound for me. The beep on POST works fine though (through the external speaker). The 3-voice plays low through the external speaker when the mixer is set to 97. It defaulted to 103 and didn't play at all. Another interesting anomaly is that playing the...
  3. K

Thanks this is helpful. I disconnected my external speaker and to my dismay, the PC beep is not being output to the PC speaker either. So loud system beep, quiet 3-voice Tandy sound from rear external output, nothing from the PC speaker. 😭
  4. K

Tandy 1000 SX Software Transfer

If it came with a gotek all you have to do is plug a thumb drive into your PC and put any 360k floppy disk images onto it, then plug it into your gotek, power up the Tandy and it will boot off whichever image file is selected on the gotek. You can put a blank floppy into your 5 1/4 drive...
  5. K

Yes, there is in fact an internal trim pot for the PC speaker audio. It has no effect on the Tandy audio though
  6. K

There's no headphone jack on a 1000SX. To recap: the 1000SX has two audio outputs - the internal PC speaker and the line level RCA audio output on the rear, next to the composite video output. The CPU generated system beeps come out loud and clear through the rear RCA jack. Tandy audio can be...
  7. K

Help with TRS-80 Model 4 display

The monitor in the pic is on its side. The bottom of the pic is the left side of the screen. You can't see it very well in the pic but it does say "diskette" it's just badly blurred.
  8. K

You have most of it right except that the Tandy sound isn't coming through the PC speaker whatsoever. It can only be heard faintly by connecting an amplified speaker to the external audio jack. I read in the repair manual something about an audio mixer circuit but am confused as to whether...
  9. K

The one with no PSU has one floppy drive. It has an 11 pin clear connector to the system and a two pin connector from mains and another two pin connector to the CRT.
  10. K

Hi Larry, it is a non gate array version. As for the floppy drive, I'm not sure how to tell the make. Are there any photos of the different ones?
  11. K

Same issue: no sound from PC speaker, but if I plug amplified speaker into the external audio port, I can hear the sounds faintly.
  12. K

Hi All, I have a fully working Tandy 1000 SX where all of a sudden the PC speaker audio for the Tandy sound stopped working. The PC beep works, so its not the speaker. This SEEMS to have coincided with when I was trying to attach a composite monitor to the PC and perhaps brushed the RCA cable...
  13. K

Hi all, I recently got a couple early Model 4's with white CRTs and Model III video boards. I tried connecting both monitors to the one machine that has a PSU (second machine is missing the PSU and I'll need to get one - any ideas?). With the drive open and a disk inserted I can see the...
Back