• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. N

Mitsubishi M4851 360K Drive Reads - Won't Write

Hi folks, First, I wanted to thank each of you for your help, suggestions, and resources. The schematics and manuals were very valuable. Next, I wanted to share my final findings and resulting fix. The underlying issue was a completely faulty photointerrupter. It ended up that both the IR LED...
  2. N

I scoped both the LED and phototransistor. Both never changed value whether or not a disk was blocking the sensor. Measuring the diode: Red wire: 1.26V, Black wire: ground Measuring the phototransistor: Yellow wire: 5V, White wire: ground The diode's input voltage seems awfully low to run it...
  3. N

It is a pity, would make things easier but my drive seems like it's an earlier revision since it does not have as much integration as fritzeflink's. Here are pictures of my M4851.
  4. N

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I just wanted to follow-up that I did some hardware swapping to eliminate the computer, floppy controller, and floppy cable. I pulled the drive from the Leading Edge MP-1673L that the drive came in and inserted it into a Gateway PII system that supports 360K...
  5. N

Hey folks, I have a Mitsubishi M4851 360K drive that reads disks without any issues, but it refuses to write to any. All of the disks I have tested do have the notch in them to allow the drive to write and are 360k formatted. I managed to find a manual online for the drive and browsed through...
  6. N

Qume Terminal membrane keyboard repair

Hey folks, I finally got around to running more tests on my terminal and keyboard. Here are my results. After testing the keyboard extensively, I can rule it out. There are no issues with any of the ICs on the keyboard, the 8048 is fully functional - I even programmed an 8748 with the keyboard...
  7. N

Yeah, I don't have a lot of membrane keyboard experience except for a handful of 90's keyboards and they usually have a sheet of plastic taped to the back of the trace membrane - making it easy to repair breaks; so I was surprised and concerned with how to repair any extensive breaks since...
  8. N

Hey folks, I'm glad to see that this subject is getting some attention. Here is my experience as I have also recently acquired one of these terminals from ebay. Opening the keyboard is straightforward but once the assembly is removed from the case, the keyswitches are apparently ultrasonicly...
Back