• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. C

Is it safe to use an MDA monitor with a mono EGA output?

Is it safe to use my ET3000AX EGA mono output with my MDA monitors? I've read some combinations of CGA/MDA equipment can damage each other.
  2. C

Will the BASIC ROM from a C64 work for testing a bad IC from a VIC-20?

I think I have a bad BASIC ROM on my VIC and I don't have an oscilloscope or spare ROM to test with. I am getting the solid blue screen with blue border with no cursor and no text. I do have 2 spare fully working C64's. Will temporarily swapping the ROM over work for testing purposes...
  3. C

The keyboard has completely stopped working on my Model III

I recently pulled out a Model III that was fully working a few years back when I first got it. I pulled it out to clean and prep for sale and the keyboard was giving the wrong characters for the wrong keys, and some keys gave nothing. I turned it off and tried again in a few days and the...
  4. C

Is it feasible to upgrade the video memory on integrated VLB?

I have noticed that most of the integrated VLB video of the mid 90's usually only has 1mb when the chipsets will often support 2mb. Is it feasible just to solder on IC's that have double the capacity in place of the old ones, or are the onboard video bioses fixed on a certain amount of memory...
  5. C

Does the IIgs and mac use the same DB15 cable?

I need to buy a replacement for my IIgs, and every listing on eBay claims that the cables are the same for both machines. I just want to confirm before buying.
  6. C

Is there a DOS version of Doom that allows GZDoom functions like up/down mouse look and jump?

Just curious. Thought it might be fun to try on my old 486 with a more modern control system.
  7. C

Which word processors from the 90's had the best keyboards?

I understand that Smith Corona used an inferior leaf-spring-over-membrane design on many of its models that becomes very poor to type on after sometime. Can anyone advise me on which Smith Corona models don't use this keyboard, or if Brother WP's have a better designed keyboard? I need a unit...
  8. C

Has anyone built a device that will convert the signal from the display port on the back of the IIc to an MDA/HDA/CGA 9pin connection?

I want to use an amber Smith Corona word processor monitor with 9pin MDA connection from the 90's with my old IIc and am looking for a device to buy or build that will make this possible. Any help is greatly appreciated.
  9. C

Which word processing software was considered the absolute best on Win 3.xx?

I'd like to use my old 486 to do some serious writing, and am just wondering which software was considered the best at the time. I grew up using MS Write, so I am out of the loop on the subject.
  10. C

Hi from the USA - TN

Hi. I'm Nate. I think this is a great forum and have read threads as a ghost for many years until I finally decided to join recently. Vintage computing is a big part of my hobby life. I am in my early 40's, so I am the last of GenX and got to grow up as a kid and teen during some of the most...
  11. C

The South WTB 1993 issue of Computer Shopper

I'm looking to buy a halfway decent copy of one of the phone book sized Computer Shopper issues from 1993. If you have any of these you are willing to sell please let me know what you have.
Back