• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Venger

Why did this Apple II Plus sell for almost $1k?

One of them doesnt work and the monitor is in average to poor condition. I mean there is no rhyme or reason with these auctions sometimes but I was just wondering if there was something I was missing.
  2. Venger

I wonder sometimes if sellers list a (fictional) similar item for like 3x the average price so people will think they’re getting a deal on another auction. I hate eBay.
  3. Venger

I think so. I searched for “sold items”.
  4. Venger

In my efforts to better understand the market I want to know - There seems to be no rhyme or reason with some of these auctions. Apple ii plus sells for almost $1k...
  5. Venger

Is this IIe Platinum worth repairing?

I’m an impatient soul and instead of asking here and other places how to take it apart I kept pulling it apart until I broke it. You have to push the from the back on the lower backplate. Cost me this monitor and then another $150 for a new one on eBay.
  6. Venger

:ROFLMAO: C'mon man!, I got everything working except for the monitor which I am fixing! Love your line about the troglodytes who don't understand how phones are supposed to work, though.
  7. Venger

So angry. Going to bed.
  8. Venger

And I broke it. Arrrrghhhhh
  9. Venger

Anybody know how to get this monitor apart!?!? I’m afraid to pull it any farther.
  10. Venger

Yeah there’s a knob but it doesn’t adjust any larger. I’m gonna open it up tomorrow. Didn’t think about leaving it on. Maybe I’ll sneak back downstairs for a quick game..just one!
  11. Venger

And here she is next to her sisters. Just missed out on a duo disk for $65 today.
  12. Venger

Lol, yup, Pac-Man probably isn’t the best game to display. I got my first restoration project back together better than she’s been decades. I’ll tackle the monitor tomorrow.
  13. Venger

Progress. I haven’t been able to get it to play from the audio in and my iPhone but I I can get it to play games from the floppy. I need to adjust this screen. I know about discharging a CRT - my question… Can I open up this monitor and adjust the display size?
  14. Venger

Now… I have a idea for a solid fix for the keyboard. I give it a 67% chance of success. I disconnected the keyboard to force diagnostic mode. It just does this then the screen flashes and beeps every 15 seconds or so.
  15. Venger

Well it was only surface rust so I just sanded it off and painted the whole inside. I’ll let it dry overnight while I work on the MB and keyboard tonight. Color came out almost a perfect match.
  16. Venger

Oh I’ve been down the rust rabbit hole a few times. Navel jelly, coke and aluminum foil, molasses, electrolysis…. But Iron free is a new one. Thanks!
  17. Venger

Yes, it came with all the standard cards. I just pulled them to check the MB bare and to clean em. I’ll add them one by one after i finish cleaning up the case and put the keyboard back. Oh which brings me to this, I have a broken stem, - any suggestions besides super glue like the pawn shop...
  18. Venger

Yea it wasnt too bad after all. I mean it took about an hour to clean but it all came off. I think it was coffee. It wasn’t too sticky.
  19. Venger

Thanks everyone for the confidence to take this on. Like usual, things seemed so daunting at first but I was shocked how easy it was to disassemble. These hands arent gentle so small metal and plastic parts usually don’t survive but this was a piece of cake. The monitor needs adjustment- the...
  20. Venger

Updated pics. Looks pretty good. Got everything except the power supply cleaned up pretty good. Not sure if the keyboard will survive but I’ll give it a shot.
Back