• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Q

KayPro 10 and the Hard Disk hell

I'm revisting my Kaypro 10 after I shelved it after this ugly issue reared it's head. I can't read or write the hard disk drive. Well I can but it doesn't work and crashes the mfm emulator after a while. This was a working condition previously but now it doesn't work. I ran the diagnostics...
  2. Q

Pacific Northwest Kaypro 10 HDD Controller

I'm looking for a replacement Kaypro 10 HDD Controller Preferably from an '83 system if that makes a difference
  3. Q

Kaypro 10 HDD Controller Issue

So in the grand item of fixing the Kaypro 10. The HDD Controller or a related subsystem is having an issue. I know for a fact it's not the HDD itself because It's an MFM emulator that had zero issue when I did the initial replacement. Now I'm getting NID errors and looking at the emulator logs...
  4. Q

Kaypro 10 Serial Not Working

After I fixed the issue causing it to lock up a new issue reared it's ugly head. The serial port has stopped functioning and I'm unable to communicate using a null modem cable to another computer when it was working before. I've tried all variations of cables and a smart modem using the...
  5. Q

Pacific Northwest Kaypro Case Parts and Keyboard

I'm looking for a replacement KayPro Case Parts or chassis (doesn't necessarily have to be a Kaypro 10. Specifically I'm looking for a left case latch and rear stands / power cable holder. I'm also looking for a keyboard if at all possible as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated
  6. Q

KayPro 10 Intermittent Issues with Booting

So I got my Kaypro 10 hauled out to finally start refurbishing it. I replaced the RIFA caps and found the voltages are good. System powered up but MFM drive tested bad. I replaced it with an MFM Emulator successfully. I reloaded the system from the reload disks to the emulator which was...
Back