• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. H

IBM PS/2 57 SX - 486 SLC2 Upgrade Path

Hello, so after reading the below article, it came to my attention that there is a way to upgrade a SX 57 from a 386 to a 486SLC2 processor. It's supposed to double the processing speed and offer all of the goodness that a 486 does. So, after daydreaming about how awesome it would be to have...
  2. H

Tandy 1000 SL and the XT_IDE Universal BIOS

So, I've got a Tandy 1000 SL, and I was able to get a Compact Flash card to be detected with the XT-CF Rev 2 Compact Flash reader. However, I've been poking around with it and can't seem to format the drive. When I try to use a boot disk, it gives me problems saying that the disk isn't a system...
  3. H

IBM 57 SX - Help to Boot to DOS

So, in Chicago, Sears sold off a lot of its old computers and I ended up grabbing an IBM 57 SX. It boots and runs nicely but was configured for a token ring setting. I asked the folks at Sears for the Disks, and was given a nah. So, I'm trying to create a boot disk and the like to play some old...
  4. H

Tandy 1000 SL Floppy Drive Cable

Hello, I have recently gotten into Tandy's and have got myself a Tandy 1000 SL off of facebook marketplace. Long story short, I have a floppy drive, and the cable to reach the floppy drive is too short. I know the cable is apt for the drive since the SL's have the holes prepunched to prevent...
Back