• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

AT Keyboard

Got my Faraday motherboard changed out for an Everex, thanks to ChuckG. Faraday would operate with PC or AT KBD & was set for PC, but Everex needs an AT KBD. So if anyone has 1 laying around cheaper than the ones on Ebay I would be interested. Thing is I have only 2 weeks to get this thing...
  2. D

Faraday A-Tease motherboard

OK, getting closer to unsoldering mc14681 CMOS chip on motherboard due to damage presumably caused by corrosion from leaky batteries. One dumb question before I begin. And remember this is from someone that is used to dealing with nuts&bolts. Will the new chip need to be (flashed, programed...
  3. D

No boot on 486DX

It was alive & now it's dead! History: Freebie given to me. No brand name on pc or mother board Cmos battery was dead, replaced. Got it booted up to Win 95 & operating, found pictures of previous owner & told him I would try to retrieve them for him...
  4. D

486DX Freebie

Have a friend that made a contribution to my favorite charaty, (ME). Middle model computer? No markings on case, no markings in case as to manufacturer. No manufaturer marks on mobo, but by reading here and searching with Bios string it was made by PC chips. AMIBIOS date 10/10/94. Has 2 hard...
  5. D

Faraday a-tease board

I believe it is time to look for a 80286 8MHz system AT board, or a MC146818, or equivilant chip for the 1 I have. Anyone have what I need or can tell me where to look. Discussion about it in IBM clone problem thread. Thank You David
  6. D

Problems with IBM clone

I'll try to keep this simple (thats the kind of mind I have). At work we have a Haake Buchler Reohmeter controlled by a vintage pc. It had not been used for 15 yrs. so I uncovered it 7 cleaned it up and started running some tests with it. The manual describes the pc as having a 80286...
Back