• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. 8

Commodore 64 video cable help

I cannot plug in this video cable bought from Amazon into my Commodore 64 ... Why won't it fit??? It has the same pin out as the port, but it won't fit? Are the pins on the cable itself too big to fit into the slots on the video port? I need help with this.
  2. 8

My project: The SeaOtter Essentials Prototyping Computer

(Small)PROJECT UPDATES!!! I deigned this Intel 80188 CPU Breakout Board. I've Wired up my TMS9918A to my Arduino Uno as I've gathered all of the components for this entire Project. It's wired up to the Arduino for simple testing. At some point, I plan on buying this LCD composite Display...
  3. 8

The link for that 80188 Manual no longer works?
  4. 8

oooh, are they also called "Full-Can" Oscillators and have 4 pins on the battom?
  5. 8

Its used for the clock generator for the CPU. I have only seen crystals being used for older CPUs, like the 6502, z80 and 8088.
  6. 8

WARNING: Lots of text and images! Hello. I've spent some time making changes to the schematic and creating a PCB based off of the new schematic. The SeaOtter Essentials Prototyping Computer V1.2 (design) is here! Schematic: any part labeled "74LS" is actually a 74ACT series chips. same...
  7. 8

Hello Readers! I recommend reading my last post before you read this one. Still Taking the advice I've gotten my previous post, I've made this schematic! Here are the new additions: The Data Bus has Bus Transceivers for I/O (IOD0-7) and Memory (MD0-7) The Address Bus has Buffers for I/O...
  8. 8

Hello everyone who read this post. I'd like to apologize for my unprofessional behavior in my previous posts and replies and to talk about exactly what I want out of my Project. Here's some details about my project and what I want: The Pin Headers in my PCB design are for jumper cables to go...
  9. 8

I'll just say this. I'm not trolling. This is a new hobby for me and there is still a lot for me to learn about building a computer like this. I apologize for my unprofessional behavior. I know what I want to build stemming off of this prototype. I was just paranoid about the parts that glue...
  10. 8

I already have a PLCC-68 80C188. It's just the standard version, which is what I want to use. I'll upgrade to the better versions in the future of this project
  11. 8

I'm simply new to PCB designing. It's a hobby I've recently got into and I have a small amount of practice with the skill. I apologize for the seemingly low effort quality I've put on display here.
  12. 8

I was told that for a small 80188 computer, I don't need to use the bus transceivers for the Data Bus. The datasheet for the CPU shows a typical computer setup diagram of which I'll show in this reply. It's this setup is what I'm using. I'll also add the schematic for this project as well.
  13. 8

As promised, here are the pictures of the hardware I have for this project so far!
  14. 8

WARNING: Lots of text and images Hello. In my last post about my 80188 Computer project, called the SeaOtter Essentials Prototyping computer I talked about details of the computer itself. However, I wasn't happy about the Layout of all of the components on the PCB and the size of the PCB. It...
  15. 8

I can't thank you enough for this advice! Are there any specific differences between the 74ABT and 74BCT I need to know about Before I make a final decision however?
  16. 8

What I meant by multiple outputs: Address Like 0 is connected to the Keyboard Controller and VDP, and in the future there could be more address lines from that latch IC connected to more Components. Catching fire: Incompatible components = Boom Yea I was overthinking some things about this.
Back