• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

Sun Fire V120 and Netra 120 Power Supply

Hi there :) I was wondering if anyone on the forum knows if the power supply of the Sun Fire V120 and the Sun Netra 120 are interchangeable. The manual mentions that both systems are exactly the same with the only difference being the Fire V120 is an AC PSU and the Netra using a DC PSU...
  2. A

MPE/iX Factory Tapes Customer Specific?

Hi, I have a general question about how MPE/iX got distributed back in the day. From what I understand there was no way to get your hands on MPE/iX install media, without buying a HP3000 system. A few days ago I got a whole shoebox full of DDS tapes in addition to the MPE/iX 6.0 SLT and FOS...
  3. A

Preservation of Software that was distributed on Tape

Hi, I'm looking for some other opinions than just mine on how to preserve Software that was delivered in its original form to the customer using Tape like DAT for instance. Apparently from what I understood, that was a common-ish method of delivering operating systems and larger applications to...
  4. A

HP3000 A500 MPE/iX Only?

Hi, I'm wondering... The HP3000 A500 and the HP9000 A500 look pretty much identical to me except that the HP9000 front bezel is beige and the HP3000 is kind of dark greyish colored. HP3000 appears to be MPE/iX only and HP9000 seems to be HP-UX/Linux. Is there any technicalities that would...
  5. A

HP e3000 A500 won't boot from DDS DAT ?

Hi vintage computer enthusiasts! I recently got hold of a HP 3000 A500 including a Storage Works Tape Array drive rack and two HP AutoRaid 12H SCSI storage systems. Unfortunately the array failed due too many failed disks so I had to reformat the whole array after replacing the disks. Now I...
Back