• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. J

8 bit IDE (XTA) Replacement Project

Just keeps getting better! Mine has been in my model 30 and running mostly 24/7 for quite some time now and been working great!
  2. J

PicoMEM Project : Pi Pico on an ISA Board.

This would be nice to replace some things on my Model 30 8086 system. Using the lotech 2mb EMS card and XIRCOM LPT network adapter. I waaaaant :) Plus with my new riser card from Peter Basset, my EMS card hangs off the back side of it. A good place for a PicoMem board instead :P
  3. J

Book 8088 ISA expansion Adapter as A regular expansion for systems with riser boards?

Sorry this is a revisit of an older post I made recently... but I think now this is a bit more direct, now that I have something in my hand. No other MFG I talked to would help me out that were recommended in the old post. Sooo...... I am working with an IBM Model 30 8086 system. Which has...
  4. J

Model 30 - New front bezels for GoTek Floppy Emulator and USB Panel header

Worked with A friend of mine to come up with these. GoTek Floppy Emulator Bezel Cover @ https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6219572 Front USB Panel Bezel Cover @ https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6221068
  5. J

IBM Model 30 - Power supply hack job and half...

I know I am not the first or last to probably do this, but was fun to anyways, so thought I'd share .... My 2nd IBM Model 30 I got last week, the power supply died last night. Ordered an ATX to AT adapter and Converter to get -5 volt out from Amazon and it was at my door step by lunch time. (...
  6. J

IBM PS2 Model 30 - 8086 - XT-CF-lite boot issues.

So far so good! Some test values... All 3 are in the system. ISA>USB - CH375 / FreddyV Drivers ( 1gb USB thumb drive ) Write Speed : 240.98 KB/s Read Speed : 282.49 KB/s 8k Random, 70% read : 12.7 IOPS Sector Random read : 21.2 IOPS --------------------------------- PS2XT2SD ( 32gb...
  7. J

Thats about the only thing I can think of too I guess... Stinks cause I got so many of these 8gb cards never opened/used sitting in a box for the past decade. They work in modern computers... The two Model 30's are my only retro systems. I'll run MediaTest tonight.... I did make a batch file...
  8. J

Ok maybe things better now. I looked for the 100th time and finally... found the 512mb and A 1GB CF card from 20 years ago... found in basement in a box of crud thats been sitting for 5 years since I moved here... Using the 512mb CF card now. It has been running off the booted C drive for 20...
  9. J

Smaller 115mb partition did not do much difference. Still freezes eventually. Can sometimes add/delete files.. run chkdsk.... but sometimes not.. and freezes. On either system. Only other thing I can think of is getting another CF as mentioned... sadly only have a few of these 8gb cards...
  10. J

Kinda works.... used Oracle Virtual Box to stage it up.. which made it 2gb in size.... ugh Boots now... but when i try to create a folder or copy a file to it... freezes :( Going through process and make it much much smaller drive size.
  11. J

I was hoping to do just that tonight.... I have A 1GB CF flash card from like 20yrs ago.... from my first digital camera. But finding it is being problematic.
  12. J

Did find this @ https://www.lo-tech.co.uk/wiki/XT-CF-lite_FAQ#BIOS.2C_Flashing_and_Reflashing Where it mentions the IBM PS/2 Model 30-286.... This isn't A 286.. but the 8086 model. But I ponder, if it is the same problem then.
  13. J

Yes, done FDISK /MBR Just odd that it gets to point it tries to boot.. it knows its MS-DOS.. and its "Trying" ...
  14. J

Disktest freezes up system. Don't see any output from it at all. Hard drive test in CheckIt .. freezes also. On both systems. I guess just don't work in Model 30 systems? or something odd going on...
  15. J

Original 8086 CPU back in. No other ISA cards installed Changed around the jumpers on the XT-CF-Lite acrd... Same issue. Sticks after the Starting MS-DOS message. I will see about running DiskTest and see if anything happens.
  16. J

Greetings. I have A two IBM Model 30 systems. Both have NEC V30 CPU upgrade,8900D video card, CH375 ISA>USB Card and the GoTek Flash Floppy setup. I have the PS2XT2SD in one system for weeks which has worked great. I have another one coming but for now was going to try the preassembled...
  17. J

RealDOOM: A port of DOOM to Real Mode

only got to 59fps ... sucks...
  18. J

Always sad when memory goes to waste... that is all. Please, don't over think it.
  19. J

Maybe where ChatGPT-4 comes into play. Was messing with it just now for Turbo Pascal ( my world ) and was able to come up with A number of assembly routines for populating off screen areas in definable chunks. Then being able to copy any of those chunks off screen, to the visible screen quickly...
  20. J

Not sure if was getting at using the video ram as a replacement for EMS. Since be under 1mb of available anyways. But using past 256k for anything of any sort that maybe could "help" in some way. I think 286 systems could see ram speeds of 70ns to 120ns? maybe a little quicker/little slower...
Back