• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

ST-412 MFM HDD / CARD possible IRQ 5 Issue with 80286 mainboard

On eBay I found for less money this controller. https://www.computinghistory.org.uk/det/37831/WD1003-WA2-Hard-Drive-Controller/ What is your opinion? According to this website an AT mainboard should be supported. maybe better as my current ( I think an XT controller ) controller is compatible...
  2. D

Yes it was working. The seller demonstrated it before I bought it. No nothing Same with debug. The whole content seems to be empty with FF
  3. D

Not at all. I don’t geht any of these error in in BIOS C and D drive are set to „not installed“
  4. D

The only thing what I could do is setting C and D drive to „not installed“ But there is no option regarding primary / secondary
  5. D

Unfortunately I have a minimalism BIOS. I could disable (not installed) both floopy drive and set the C Drive to not installed but how should I configure then the D drive?
  6. D

There are no other cards present in the Isa slot since I have just one. I am going to use the IBM 6135984 MFM controller card. Regarding motherboard I have no idea. I think it’s type AT Here few fotos of drive and card as also mainboard
  7. D

here some additional screenshots out from diagnostic tools like "SYSINFO" and "CHECKIT"
  8. D

Hi all, I think I am running into an IRQ conflict with my ST-412 MFM Disk and Card. What I see out from some manuals, the ST-412 card assigns IRQ5. (https://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/2016/05/working-with-st-506-interface-mfm-hard.html) See ST505 Chapter, 3rd paragraph. The IBM PC and XT...
  9. D

Issues installing DOS6.0 or DOS6.x on 80286 Mainboard over 4GB SD2IDE Adapter

After installing the external XT-IDE card all my issue were gone SD2IDE card CF2IDE card External spinning HDD Thx for all your support 😊
  10. D

Would you recommend using one of this XT-IDE Cards which I plug into my motherboard and connect on the XTIDE Card the CF adapter instead of removing original bios IC and replacing it with a new one incl the XTIDE firmware on it. In case of an HDD controller issue on my mainboard it would fail as...
  11. D

I will give that recommendation a try. from a friend I am getting this drive. Hope the size is fine as well The bios I am going to burn on a EPROM
  12. D

I don’t have such a card ☹️ This could be a possible issue if the next CF2IDE adapter I bought now on Amazon will also not work. StarTech.com 3,5 Zoll Laufwerksschacht IDE auf CF SSD Kartenleser - CompactFlash - Solid State Drive https://amzn.eu/d/9ilhgwS
  13. D

it is working on my modern machine! currently I am facing issues that the CF2IDE (CompactFlash!!) is not beeing detected properly :-(
  14. D

There is definitely power. 5V and 12v I could try to buy a different adapter. Any suggestions ?
  15. D

ok I boght one ot these CF2IDE Adapter with an 512MB CF card but during booting I am getting error "HDD controller failure" jumpers are set to default snd the cf card is mounted on the side where the jumpers are
  16. D

There is no possibility to configure any bit based transfer mode on the adapter I bought it over Amazon - SD35VCO Which CF adapter and CF card would you recommend.
  17. D

I tried 2 adapters and a couple of SD Cards I dont have one - maybe I am going to buy a cheap old IDE Drive where CHS are paramters are on the label of the drive - hopefully it will work I dont have an external network card - but I have an EPROM Programmer - so basically I could burn a newer...
  18. D

Yes I did and it is working well - booting freedos on my modern mainboard without problems. Here are my results
  19. D

I used STB but it fails I am getting error reading disk
  20. D

Yes please that would nice Not yet but good idea - will do that tomorrow
Back