• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. awesdude

California Rack Mount Industrial PC

Selling a ~2005 Industrial PC which has an early Xeon processor and Intel-brand motherboard. It has two ~250 GB SATA hard drives, a CD drive, a National Semiconductor GPIB PCI card, an ethernet card, a COMMTECH Fastcom 422/2-PCI interface card, and a Radeon graphics card. The system is fully...
  2. awesdude

California CyberResearch LPV Portable Workstation

I've got a ~2001 CyberResearch LPA portable workstation (photos below). This is a very unique system, attached is one of the only pieces of documentation I could find for it online. It has a built-in 15" monitor with angle adjustment and a detachable keyboard/trackpad combo, and just looks cool...
  3. awesdude

SPARCstation 2 Installation Guide- help locating?

Hi, I will be restoring a SPARCstation 2 soon and I am trying to locate all the documentation for it, however I am struggling to find the SPARCstation 2 Installation Guide (800-5035 or 800-5701), it is referenced in Field Service Manual and other files but I cannot find it. Does anyone know of...
  4. awesdude

California Exabyte Mammoth-2 (M2) Tape Drive

I’m looking to recover old Linux workstation backups and experimental data stored on Exabyte M2 tapes. The original drive was accidentally sent to a recycler, so right now all these tapes are unrecoverable. Thanks!
  5. awesdude

Identify minicomputer/tape drive for NASA tape reels?

Hi, I’ve come across a fairly large collection of tape reels containing copies of NASA satellite data (Dynamics Explorer 1 and another satellite), the copies look to be from the mid to late 80s. What are some identifying features I should look for to figure out the tape drive and minicomputer...
  6. awesdude

ESDI- format technical papers?

Hi, I’m looking to get into PS/2 era systems but I’m a little paranoid about hard drive failure. Does anyone know of any good ESDI technical papers? I’m looking to make something like BlueSCSI that’s compatible.
Back