• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

CopyWrite Back up copy-protected software

Not sure if anyone is interested in this software, its rare and had it in a drawer since 1991 it was developed by Quaid Software Limited, and I used it to remove copy protection on some old DOS games to create a backup or run them from the Hard Disk even if the game did not let you originally...
  2. D

Old monitor Acerview 11vga

Roger, did the degaussing, and the borders are straight. They dont fill all the screen, but i guess that is how it was maybe? Thanks once more
  3. D

Ok after your advice I checked that area, using magnifier glasses and found some cracks in the solder in a couple of components, applied flux and re-soldered them. these are the results: And I cannot describe the feeling of watching that screen alive again! Hugo Holden, Bburley and Andy...
  4. D

Ok, will check that out. Thank you
  5. D

Ok will triple check with the oscilloscope and will analyze the schematics for that area. Thank you Burley..
  6. D

So, this repair is not only to make the monitor work, but I also love to learn new things. I could not find the Horizontal Output Transistor, as much effort I gave, it was supposed to be near the Flyback transformer, but my inexperienced eyes just didn't saw it. After much investigation about...
  7. D

Ok work has the best of me at the moment, but managed to do a fast modification to the G2 (285 v) and took a picture of the screen, will check what hugo said once I get more time, Thank you all again.
  8. D

Will do that and post here my results. thanks
  9. D

Interesting article, thank you Burley, will read it also tomorrow so my head gets all the important things.
  10. D

Hey Andy, thank for the reply, I've read about desoldering the G2 wire and doing direct measures on it. Should I do that first or adjust the G2 knob first and how much voltage do you recommend?
  11. D

Thanks for the Explanation Hugo, this is my first time with a CRT monitor and between all your help and things I read I am slowly learning the works of it. Will search for the H output transistor and will measure it then.
  12. D

Ok I got the High Voltage Probe and measured the only transistor I could find in the power PCB, the K793 high voltage N-MOSFET with the following results Gate: Drain: Source Also did a double check on the G1: And for G2, I checked the power coming from the EHT: And once it got to...
  13. D

Thank you, I have ordered the probe. Will double check voltage in G1 and G2 meanwhile. Any other thing I have to check that I have missed? Have a good weekend guys!
  14. D

It does look a lot more like mine. will check it and post my results. Thanks Burley.
  15. D

Not sure if there is a way to check the Extra high-tension transformer, after doing a double check on the voltages in G1 and G2 any other advice Hugo?
  16. D

oh, ok, gotcha, thank you Andy. Will double check those values with the multimeter then and post the results here.
  17. D

Excellent. Will check it out. Thank you.
  18. D

Will work on that ASAP and will post it here, although I think I am working at the correct resolution but it did support 640x480, I remember doing some low level ASM programming in graphics in my teens, double checking never hurts. Thanks.
  19. D

Thank you for reading this Burley. The monitor has been tested using the original graphics card in the old 386 computer that it came with. the Acumos AVGA1 (aka Cirrus Cl-GD5401), I have also tested the monitor using the VGA Monitor Tester from PCBJunkie.net (...
  20. D

If I send you a picture, could you point me around the correct area of the g2 control? Thank you Andy I did some measurements on the R, G, B, G1 and G2 with low contrast and brightness and then high contrast and brightness. these are the oscilloscope images: B with controls in low B with...
Back