• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

5150 - unidentified card connected to CPU socket

Hi - it's been a long time since I've been on here! A couple of years ago I chanced on a number of machines that a client had in storage, and wanted to dispose of. Commodore CBM 8032 and 8050, Amstrad CPC 6128, HP 85, Compaq LTE 4/25s, yet another Apple IIe and a 5150. Over the last few weeks...
  2. A

Apple II haul

Hi everyone - its been a long, long time since I've posted here, but my patience has paid off and last week I picked up some Apple IIe and IIc hardware! Thanks to Tezza for the lead - it was about 7 hours' drive from here, but at least on the same island! Apple IIe PAL with printer card...
  3. A

Idea of IIe Platinum value

Its not fair. I'm being very tempted by an offer for a IIe Platinum on our local auction site Trademe. It comes with "one floppy drive and one other drive" - whatever that means - and a non-Apple monitor. Before I pay too much, does anyone have a ballpark idea of value of such a beast?
  4. A

Sord Z80 assembler newbie

If you've read my introduction thread you'll know that I have an interest in Sord computers. Unfortunately they are pretty thin on the ground now as is any kind of information about them, possibly because it seems they were never particularly common except in Japan and NZ. Software is also...
  5. A

Floppy drive problems

As I mentioned in my introduction I'm having a lot of 'fun' with the floppy drives for my two Sord M23 mk III's. The Sord FD20 unit has two Teac FD-50C single sided 100tpi 5.25" floppy drives. I have two of these units. The story so far: One of the units was my dad's - an M23 was our first...
  6. A

Hello from NZ

What an original thread name :) I've just stumbled across this forum from a link on yellowing plastics on a forum I'm a moderator on, the UK Vintage Radio Repair & Restoration forum. I only have a few vintage computers - mostly Sords, which aren't that common even here - but this looks like a...
Back